Our valued sponsor

Open Bank Account Remotely?

BrettonWoods

Jan 14, 2021
Visit site
Are there any real banks in 2021 that can open a personal private bank account remotely? I have read some information here in the forums about opening in places like Georgia, Panama, Belize, Cyprus, Singapore, and other Banks listed in this site, but all of them require you to visit the country to open an account. At least that's what they tell you when you contact them.

There are some Banks in EEA (Europe) that open remotely, but only if you are a resident in that region.

Reactions: Marios
Did this in Georgia. You need to give Power of Attorney to someone in Georgia for this to work. Then the bank invites you to a video call whose purpose is to check your ID, verify you actually signed the POA with notary and apostille, and ensure you know what you are doing by giving a POA to someone else.

Reactions: fanban
That's true, it is not remote and discussed here many times, you give permission for someone else to open an account which then has full access to the account later on, I know they work with revoke the PoA but still I would never put a million, nor half or just 10K euro that way.

Are there any real banks in 2021 that can open a personal private bank account remotely? I have read some information here in the forums about opening in places like Georgia, Panama, Belize, Cyprus, Singapore, and other Banks listed in this site, but all of them require you to visit the country to open an account. At least that's what they tell you when you contact them.

There are some Banks in EEA (Europe) that open remotely, but only if you are a resident in that region.
Remote accts for private banking are still available, to the right audience..not everyone has access to this, and those who do are gatekeepers....

Movers Move...Shakers Shake..cig-:,

People may post what they want as long as they don't violate the forum rules!

You have a option to put users on the IGNORE list, so you will never see their posts or threads again thu&¤#

That's true, it is not remote and discussed here many times, you give permission for someone else to open an account which then has full access to the account later on, I know they work with revoke the PoA but still I would never put a million, nor half or just 10K euro that way.
It is best for you to use an attorney in preparing a Power of Attorney for remote banking. You can specify what you are authorizing the other person to do, for example just for opening an account but no authority for financial transactions. You can also put a termination date on POA. I have a bank account, I did not have to travel, POA expired, I don't have any financial risks. This is all I expected from a remote bank account.

It is best for you to use an attorney in preparing a Power of Attorney for remote banking. You can specify what you are authorizing the other person to do, for example just for opening an account but no authority for financial transactions. You can also put a termination date on POA. I have a bank account, I did not have to travel, POA expired, I don't have any financial risks. This is all I expected from a remote bank account.

People tend to forget. I remember a time not long ago where several small and medium sized LICENSED law and accounting firms took a run with client funds.

Now some of you in this thread will tell me that you swear by God I should sign a PoA (time limited or not) for someone I don't know, I never have seen and that is discussed on a public forum as well as he is situated in the Baltics to open an account for me where I then, transfer all my hard earnings!

I rather shoot my self or put my hard earned money in front of the tax authorities to let them take 60% then to trust in building a substantial good amount for my retirement just to see at the very end that some Baltic Mafia Gang has take a run with my money and f**k these hookers while they open anonymous accounts to spend my money.

Good luck to all that follow this model, I hope you can sleep well at night.

From your posting about remote bank account opening in 2021 I have only one question when did you open an account the last time this way and did you tried some of the banks you suggested here at allns2 how long is that ago?

From your posting about remote bank account opening in 2021 I have only one question when did you open an account the last time this way and did you tried some of the banks you suggested here at allns2 how long is that ago?
I have account with CIM Banque ans with OCBS also.

I helped open account with Cim Banque for a client on october. So 3-4 months, ago.

OCBC is still accepting foreign clients, but they require 200,000 SGD initial deposit and minimum balance with the same amount.

Banks are business like any other. They need clients. They need money to flow. They are not closing their "doors" for a new clients. Just changing a conditions by increasing required amount of money which you have to hold there.

And I forgot, you can open bank account with Barlays in Channel Islands. They require just 20K GBP.

Reactions: Vor
I have account with CIM Banque ans with OCBS also.

I helped open account with Cim Banque for a client on october. So 3-4 months, ago.

OCBC is still accepting foreign clients, but they require 200,000 SGD initial deposit and minimum balance with the same amount.

Banks are business like any other. They need clients. They need money to flow. They are not closing their "doors" for a new clients. Just changing a conditions by increasing required amount of money which you have to hold there.

And I forgot, you can open bank account with Barlays in Channel Islands. They require just 20K GBP.
Does OCBC Singapore or Barclays in Channel take American citizens with this amount?

Does OCBC Singapore or Barclays in Channel take American citizens with this amount?
They never tell it publicly. So I believe, they do not. Americans has two better ways:

1. Almost any canadian bank accept americans. So it is good to choose a bank in Canada, which is part of network with the same trademark all around a globe. Like Scotiabank. Open bank account in Canada and ask for a help in canadian branch to open account remotely in other country with the bank in their network.

2. Open bank account in the USA in the bank which is is part of network with the same trademark all around a globe. Like Citi. Open bank account in USA and ask for a help in US branch to open account remotely in other country with the bank in their network.

It is absolutely different situation for a banker in a foreign country when you contact directly and when there is a contact and ask for cooperation from a banker from a foreign branch of the same bank.

Reactions: Garret Gates

Latest Threads