Our valued sponsor

open business bank account for US LLC - Russian passport - Europe residence

SWinja

Jul 21, 2022
Barcelona
Visit site
I could open the business account only at Wise but they do not have virtual cards now.
Tried to apply at trulyfinancial, TryNovel, Mercury, Brex and couple of others but all my applications were rejected. I believe it's because of Russian passport. At Wise there is an option to submit European residency, so they passed me through.
What are other options?

It’s hard, because you are considered an enemy of the collective West due to your citizenship. You should find either a nominee or a different passport.
True, unfortunately.
What are other options?
You can perhaps try some bank in Caribbean.

Or to establish a company somewhere else. US company & Russian passport is really a toxic mixture.
I personally would not even expect Wise to accept you; you must run a very innocent business ;).
(And beware of Wise – search here at forums :) )

You can perhaps try some bank in Caribbean.
Do you mean there are EMIs / classic banks which can open business account for US LLC? Do you have something on mind?

Or to establish a company somewhere else. US company & Russian passport is really a toxic mixture.
Yes, I know, but as US alient and being registered in Delaware, the company has 0% corporate tax. I just pay personal tax in Spain from US LLC income. Any other jurisdictions allowing that?

Do you mean there are EMIs / classic banks which can open business account for US LLC?
Yes, I think so.
Do you have something on mind?
Frankly, I am not very well oriented there, at this moment I particularly recall only Zenus and Kingdom Bank, the former giving personal account only, the latter probably worth trying; but there definitely are more (in Puerto Rico for sure); perhaps some other members will be able to add..
Yes, I know, but as US alient and being registered in Delaware, the company has 0% corporate tax. I just pay personal tax in Spain from US LLC income. Any other jurisdictions allowing that?
Definitely.
Nevertherless,
1) I do not consider myself being an expert re: offhore company formation & taxing and
2) it is off topic for this forum, feel encouraged to ask here Tax & Legal, if interested...

(BTW, personal taxing in Spain is not very friendly, AFAIK. But it's really OT here.)

Reactions: SWinja