Our valued sponsor

Paypal Account - Verified and Un-verified

jb100

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a paypal un-verified Account.I am happy with it because it is not necessary to disclose the details of Credit Card.The withdrawal limit is $500 per month to your Local Bank account.So the reputed and professional website owners may face problem due to this $500 maximum limit. which type of paypal Account have you?Is there any alternative method other than Credit Card to get your Paypal account verified.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my paypal unverified too and a $500 a month is way too much for the amount i earn online to withdraw. Also disclosing my credit card details is way too risky for me. I would say a yes to debit card but a BIG NO for credit cards. I think linking credit cards is only way to get verified.

I think there is another way to get your paypal confirmed without credit card and that is by linking a bank account. But its a long procedure and tends to get unverified if you don't follow all the procedures carefully.

However, the easiest and no furls method is the credit card and mind you no debits here.

I think transactions conducted through paypal are quite safe. Though I am not having a verified account but my friends and my clients are doing business worth millions over internet and their all money transactions are through paypal only.

goldentalk said:
I think there is another way to get your paypal confirmed without credit card and that is by linking a bank account. But its a long procedure and tends to get unverified if you don't follow all the procedures carefully.
However, the easiest and no furls method is the credit card and mind you no debits here.
I have linked two Bank Accounts to my PayPal Unverified Account.But still I am not verified.I have also withdrawn money to both my linked Accounts from PayPal Successfully,but my PayPal status is unchanged.What are "all procedures" that you are talking about? Are sure what you have described above on PayPal Account verification.Ready to hear once again from you.

jb100 said:
I have linked two Bank Accounts to my PayPal Unverified Account.But still I am not verified.I have also withdrawn money to both my linked Accounts from PayPal Successfully,but my PayPal status is unchanged.What are "all procedures" that you are talking about? Are sure what you have described above on PayPal Account verification.Ready to hear once again from you.
Though personally i have'nt tried, I read this article at ehow and hope it helps you.

#

Verify With a Bank Account

Gather your bank account information, including the bank name, account number and routing information.

#

Step 2

#

Step 3

Look for the heading "Activate Account" and click "Add Bank Account." You may also add a bank account by going to the "Profile Summary" page and clicking on "Bank Accounts" in the "Financial Information" column.

#

Step 4

Enter your bank information and hit continue. PayPal allows for two ways to verify using a bank account: if you have online banking access, you can offer your login information to your financial institution's website, and PayPal will check the information to instantly verify your account. Alternatively, PayPal will make two small deposits into your banking account.

#

Step 5

Check your bank statements for the PayPal deposits. Return to the verification page by clicking the "Confirm Bank Account" link on your Account Summary page, and then enter the amounts of the deposits.

That was one reason why i had to verify my paypal otherwise the limitations was fine with me since I don't do some much transactions online. But I couldn't buy or pay with my paypal even if I do have some $$ in it, the reasons was that the merchants do business only with a verified account.

So better be verified than unverified.

goldentalk said:
That was one reason why i had to verify my paypal otherwise the limitations was fine with me since I don't do some much transactions online. But I couldn't buy or pay with my paypal even if I do have some $$ in it, the reasons was that the merchants do business only with a verified account.
So better be verified than unverified.
Thanks for describing the advantages of PayPal verified Accounts. Everybody wants online transactions for buying/selling of goods and services.But most of the merchants do business with PayPal verified Accounts.Not only this, now some PTC and money making websites accepts members, whose Accounts are PayPal Verified.So the importance of PayPal Verified Account is rising everyday.

I have also an Unverified Paypal account with a withdrawal limit of $500 which is sufficient for me. I think it's important to verify your account in case you are an owner of certain sites with high traffic rank.

heather said:
The reason most people want a verified Paypal account is because some people won't ship products to someone if the account isn't verified. They have a policy like that because Paypal won't offer their money back insurance if the ship-to address is unverified.
From my experiences, some businesses will accept un-verified Paypal accounts, but many places are too afraid of being ripped off to deal with anything less than a fully verified account. When uncertain about a places attitudes to unverified accounts, it never hurts to ask them.

AstralEclipse said:
From my experiences, some businesses will accept un-verified Paypal accounts, but many places are too afraid of being ripped off to deal with anything less than a fully verified account. When uncertain about a places attitudes to unverified accounts, it never hurts to ask them.
I think it's important in case you are running a large business which involves huge transaction around the globe, then its important to kept safety features which includes a verified client to maintain a hassle free business.

Latest Threads