Our valued sponsor

PayPal says it's own e-mails are phishy.... LoL they suck so much

Spinat

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Just found this here on the forum, a statement from PayPal that their own e-mails are phishy, why the hell can this multi million corporation then not make et secure to use the PayPal??

Here is the thread:

/forum/f21/paypal-says-its-own-e-mails-phishy-7151/

Randy Abrams, director of technical education at online security vendor ESET, says he received a genuine e-mail from PayPal, containing a link.

He forwarded the message to the firm suggesting it stop this practice because links make e-mails look like phishing attempts.

PayPal responded, thanking him for forwarding the "suspicious-looking" message, claiming "it was a phishing attempt".

Says Abrams: "That is why legitimate businesses should NEVER include links to log on pages, or most places. Not even PayPal support can tell the difference between a legitimate PayPal email and a phishing attack."

While PayPal, in common with many financial institutions, does include links in e-mails, it advices customers to watch out for "strange links".

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the blog post from eset PayPal Admits to Phishing Users | ThreatBlog

Yes, it is true, I am not making this up. I do not believe that PayPal has stolen anything from users, but they have told me that their own email is phishing.
Here’s what happened. I sent them one of their own legitimate emails and told them it was a bad idea to include a link in it because it looks just like a phishing email. Again, this is a real, legitimate email from PayPal that I sent to them.