Our valued sponsor

Personal and corporate bank accounts in Singapore

If you already have a personal bank account, it could be possible to remotely open a bank account for an offshore company.

Is that what you're saying?

If you have a personal account at the same bank with good history, it could increase the approval probability, but that wouldn't be the deciding factor.

SG banks would like you to come for account opening (get ready to show good references, employment history or successful history of your previous/current business).
Once you open a personal account, put a deposit/saving plan they are ready to consider your business account to be opened.
Usually they want to see you in person, you open personal account, and business account can be opened afterwards remotely upon their decision.

I don't know other banks but DBS is not opening a bank account remotely for $300k deposit. You can open a private banking account remotely via their representative offices but min amount is $3.5M.

I spoke with DBS last week and they would open remotely for S$350k but a visit to the representative office would be required.
Did you speak with the DBS Dubai DIFC branch or another branch? It might be changed because of COVID. Many serious banks started to accept remote opening via video identification, including top tier banks like UBS, Credit Suisse, etc..

I talked with DBS Singapore last year and they requested a Singapore visit for the "DBS Treasures Private" account(min S$1.5m) and I talked with the DBS Dubai branch 2 months ago for a private bank account and the minimum was S$5m.

Did you speak with the DBS Dubai DIFC branch or another branch? It might be changed because of COVID. Many serious banks started to accept remote opening via video identification, including top tier banks like UBS, Credit Suisse, etc..

I talked with DBS Singapore last year and they requested a Singapore visit for the "DBS Treasures Private" account(min S$1.5m) and I talked with the DBS Dubai branch 2 months ago for a private bank account and the minimum was S$5m.

I spoke with DBS Singapore. Non residents can open a DBS Treasures account with S$350k as soon as representative offices are open.

For what it's worth, I opened an OCBC Premier account remotely this year. From what I remember, they said for a business account I would need to fly to their Singapore branch for an interview.

For what it's worth, I opened an OCBC Premier account remotely this year. From what I remember, they said for a business account I would need to fly to their Singapore branch for an interview.
but you didn't fly but opened the account remote! What is the minimum deposit there?

Latest Threads