Our valued sponsor

Personal Bank account in Czech Republic

Fio is one of the worst banks ever, stay as far away as possible...

Super incompetent, blocking super normal wires for months, not replying, useless customer services, forcing you to come to the branch multiple times for any little thing. Just avoid at all costs

Fio is one of the worst banks ever, stay as far away as possible...

Super incompetent, blocking super normal wires for months, not replying, useless customer services, forcing you to come to the branch multiple times for any little thing. Just avoid at all costs

this is surely a biased opinion
not saying you can't have this experience and your anger can't be justified
on the other hand it's clearly one of the most popular Czech banks nowadays and works perfectly for personal accounts and business accounts for clean and standard activities
have no experience with situations when used as a part of more complex (perhaps offshore-related) setup though

It's not a biased opinion, it's just personal experience- I have literally nothing positive to say about this bank.

1. The debit cards they sent me never arrived, nor they were at the branch as promised
2. On just one small wire they froze the wire for months, didn't allow me to send the wire back or do anything - wire was from super legitimate country, not some 3rd world shithole
3. Only after months passed and 2 visits to the bank they finally sent the wire back (even though I have supplied all documentation)
4. All bank clerks look like crooks and furniture looks like it was stolen from a soviet union prison
5. after all this happened they asked me if I still want to keep the account open? I said yes, lo and behold after a month my account was shut down without any warning (i didn't get a letter or anything, i just can't login anymore)

i'd rather give my money to euro pacific than to these retards

I'd agree on 4. :)
the rest is a really rare case

can you share if you're a Czech citizen having local address and if it's about personal account?

Not CZ citizen, no local address, but personal account yes. But that's what the OP asked for (non-resident account)

It may be a great bank for locals but not so friendly towards foreigners.. at least in my case

Latest Threads