Our valued sponsor

Both Revolut and N26 may ask proof of address if they doubt any part of your application, as mentioned earlier.

One more option is Paysera
Paysera's card is pretty crap in comparison to these:

Issuance and delivery: €3+delivery fee (N26: €0 | Revolut: €5 including delivery)
Payments - Other currency in EU: 0.70% + €0.10 (Revolut/N26: €0)
Payments - Outside EU: 1.20% + €0.10 (Revolut/N26: €0)

Withdrawals are not that important these days, but for the sake of completeness:

Withdrawal - Euro in EU: €1 (N26: 5 free withdrawals, €2 afterwards | Revolut: €200 free, 2% afterwards)
Withdrawal - Other currency in EU: 1.80% + €1 (N26: 1.70% | Revolut: €200 equivalent free, 2% afterwards)
Withdrawal - Outside EU: 1.80% + €1.50 (N26: 1.70% | Revolut: €200 equivalent free, 2% afterwards)
Balance check: €0.30 (Revolut/N26: €0)

Reactions: Joe Blasco
valid question thanks for posting op , did you find something working ?

is real remote bank opening is an option in west europe ? i mean no matter what i search on google i get the same swiss bank which obviously i don't like .

Are you aware of any merchants/law firms that offer bank account opening in Serbia remotely?
P

All Serbian banks which I wrote said that it's impossible. Maybe you can do this using POA. Actually, some banks in Georgia provide such possibility to use POA.

CIM Banq, Ameria (Armenia) - with mandatory Skype call.
N 26, Paysera - you will need a postal address at EU or friend, which can send you the card. Transfers only in SEPA.
Different offshore banks, but there is min. deposit started from 5k USD mostly. Banks like BOSLIL, Hermes Bank etc. And in the most, they don't provide cards.

As far as Serbia, i have came into conclusion that you need a personal visit and some assistance from a lawyer regarding permanent addresses etc.

I haven't tried Georgia, however it seems attractive as you can open an account with a power of attorney only.

Regarding N26, Trnasferwise and Paysera, i am still wondering about whether these institutes exchange information on CRS or not, however i am pretty sure that they will do if they are being asked.

Hi guys. I am from Serbia, but I need to bank elsewhere. I can verify that Serbia did not sign the CRS and the banking here is ok.

@MrTony I am in a similar situation like you - I am no EU resident so many of the EMI options with cards are out of the option like for example transferwise. I trade cryptos and I need an offshore account to deposit fiat money when trading and also collect payments from my clients for my analytical work and later for collecting credit card payments online through my own website while living a digital nomad lifestyle. Many have suggested to me that I need to incorporate offshore but I basically just need a bank account, so I would like to hear your suggestions the how further did you go and have you figured out your set up?

@drumsta If you live in Servia and you are telling us they did not sign any CRS or similar agreement, why are you considering any other country at all then?

You could setup a offshore company and bank in Serbia, since you may have connections in the bank aready it should be possible, but I don't see the point here!

@drumsta, in this case, I recommend you to open a personal account at Mistertango with the purpose to withdraw money received from crypto (e.g. Bitfinex, Bitpay, crypto-exchangers etc.). Then you need to travel for example to Romania or Bulgaria. Open there a personal bank account and send money by SEPA from Mistertango account to your personal account at Romanian or Bulgarian bank. Then, you will be able open account at Ameria (initial deposit just 50$) or CIM (initial deposit 5k EUR) remotely and send money from Romanian or Bulgarian bank to Ameria or CIM.

@drumsta If you live in Servia and you are telling us they did not sign any CRS or similar agreement, why are you considering any other country at all then?

You could setup a offshore company and bank in Serbia, since you may have connections in the bank aready it should be possible, but I don't see the point here!
I think he doesn't want his local Serbian tax agency know about his revenue from this activity.

Reactions: blizz and Spinat
How do you do the remote account setup with them, just contact them by phone / e-mail and ask them for the application and that's it?