Our valued sponsor

Revolut and N26 assume your initial card delivery address is your residence. You can only get your initial card delivered to an EEA address and any change in address thereafter must be taken via support. Your second address requires more proof than your first address.

N26 will need a video call to ID you (done by a 3rd party identification service). No questions will be asked about your residence during the video call though, it's strictly ID verification.

Revolut only asks for photos.

Obvious note, in case the obvious isn't obvious:
The normal onboarding procedure for both of these banks doesn't involve requesting any proof of address. HOWEVER, they *CAN* technically ask you for proof of address if they suspect something is fishy.
They didn't do this for me, in January. Maybe only for German addres.
Only uploaded selfie

Revolut and N26 assume your initial card delivery address is your residence. You can only get your initial card delivered to an EEA address and any change in address thereafter must be taken via support. Your second address requires more proof than your first address.
So If I have passport not from EEA, they will ask me about of proof of address?

Hello Nyep,

Does Revolut ask for proof of residence or are they content with only a UK / EEA address? Thanks in advance!

From Revolut site - You will need to take a picture of a valid government-issued photo ID and a picture of your face. We may request a copy of your legal right to remain in one of our supported countries (e.g. visa, residence permit).

So this is a lottery.

So the total costs to get this account with a bank in Georgia is roughly USD 3000 ?

So If I have passport not from EEA, they will ask me about of proof of address?

N26 and Revolut are not your options then.

Without EEA ID, you can get a TransferWise borderless account. However, they will not ship the payment card outside EEA and a selected few trusted countries. When it comes to FX and online wire payments, you can do those without a payment card - getting a card is not mandatory.

To get the plastic payment card, you will need a temporary address from EEA. They do not mind if you use a rented Air BnB address, hotel address or any in-service virtual office address.

Update: I just attempted to set up a Revolut account as a non EEA member. I used my UK address and was able to get as far as topping up my account. Since I don't hold a passport from an EEA country my only verification choices are a UK driving licence or a UK residence card / UK Visa. I already have N26 and Transferwise so this is no big deal for me but I would have liked to have had the Revolut free account.

Electronic Banks such as N26 and Revolut, do they exchange information for personal accounts such as other European Banks?
They do and required to do so, even if they may tell you they don't then they will do that! don't run any risk here.

Update: I just attempted to set up a Revolut account as a non EEA member. I used my UK address and was able to get as far as topping up my account. Since I don't hold a passport from an EEA country my only verification choices are a UK driving licence or a UK residence card / UK Visa. I already have N26 and Transferwise so this is no big deal for me but I would have liked to have had the Revolut free account.

Do you have such problems with N26?