Our valued sponsor

Personal Offshore Account

Hello all I am new here; I stumbled upon the forum while searching for a personal offshore account. I am from Trinidad and Tobago and the holder of a Trinidad and Tobago Passport, we have our own currency which is the TTD. I am familiar with offshore banking and once had an offshore corporate account in First Caribbean Bank BVI but it is closed now.

I am here to learn more about offshore banking and if there is a business opportunity for me as a result of the current situation in my country.

But my main reason for being here now is maintaining my USD and not being a victim of mandatory Forex services imposed by banks of my country. I receive personal payments in USD currency but how it's set up in my country now, If I receive payment in USD in my USD Account, I have no access to a debit card with that account to pay for a service. So I usually have to sell the currency to the bank and then deposit the money into my TTD account which limits me to $500 USD equivalent a month i can only spend on that card, a year ago I had access to $20,000 USD a month. In the next 30 days we will only be allowed to spend $250 USD per month on the debit credit card. Our currency is pegged to the USD and it has been very hard for us and those whom import goods or paying for services as in my case online.

I were in talks to open an account in Turkistan Georgia in early 2020 where i would off been able to have spending power on my visa card and also save the USD, but due to the pandemic I was informed by the agent the process has been stopped.

I just need something simple and access to a visa debit card with around $5,000 USD to $20,000 USD a month spending limit.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered or introduction.

If there are no third-party transfers on the account or if the third-party transfers are in from the same sender (salary or other income like that), Swissquote might work and they issue multi-currency credit cards.

Maybe try CIM Bank or Cayman National as well.

Have you talked to Republic Bank about opening an account outside of TT with them? They're present in Caymans and a few other islands with more lenient currency regulations.

If there are no third-party transfers on the account or if the third-party transfers are in from the same sender (salary or other income like that), Swissquote might work and they issue multi-currency credit cards.

Maybe try CIM Bank or Cayman National as well.

Have you talked to Republic Bank about opening an account outside of TT with them? They're present in Caymans and a few other islands with more lenient currency regulations.
I never spoke to Republic; I approached them in Guyana and they made things very hard hence the reason I bypassed them. I will look into the other banks. Thanks for the response.

I never spoke to Republic; I approached them in Guyana and they made things very hard hence the reason I bypassed them. I will look into the other banks. Thanks for the response.
I could be wrong, but I think Republic in the Caymans is specifically for international banking and might be more easy-going than in Guyana. It might be that they focus on wealth management and want some six or seven figure deposit, though.

Scotiabank might be another option. Approach locally and abroad, see if you can leverage a local connection in TT to open an account elsewhere. Things like that used to be easy across the Caribbean but it's getting harder and harder with increased KYC and derisking.

Reactions: KOTF
Hello all I am new here; I stumbled upon the forum while searching for a personal offshore account. I am from Trinidad and Tobago and the holder of a Trinidad and Tobago Passport, we have our own currency which is the TTD. I am familiar with offshore banking and once had an offshore corporate account in First Caribbean Bank BVI but it is closed now.

I am here to learn more about offshore banking and if there is a business opportunity for me as a result of the current situation in my country.

But my main reason for being here now is maintaining my USD and not being a victim of mandatory Forex services imposed by banks of my country. I receive personal payments in USD currency but how it's set up in my country now, If I receive payment in USD in my USD Account, I have no access to a debit card with that account to pay for a service. So I usually have to sell the currency to the bank and then deposit the money into my TTD account which limits me to $500 USD equivalent a month i can only spend on that card, a year ago I had access to $20,000 USD a month. In the next 30 days we will only be allowed to spend $250 USD per month on the debit credit card. Our currency is pegged to the USD and it has been very hard for us and those whom import goods or paying for services as in my case online.

I were in talks to open an account in Turkistan Georgia in early 2020 where i would off been able to have spending power on my visa card and also save the USD, but due to the pandemic I was informed by the agent the process has been stopped.

I just need something simple and access to a visa debit card with around $5,000 USD to $20,000 USD a month spending limit.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered or introduction
K, hi. Antigua for the bank account is an option, is an established offshore legislation. It will be dollars.

Reactions: KOTF

Latest Threads