cyprusbanker

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold Premium
Jan 10, 2011
Cyprus
Visit site
Anyone received the e-mail
Dear (ACTUAL FIRST NAME),

We regret to inform you that Ledger has experienced a security breach affecting approximately 85,000 of our customers and that the wallet associated with your e-mail address (ACTUAL EMAIL ADDRESS) is within those affected by the breach.

Namely, on Saturday, October 24th 2020, our forensics team has found several of the Ledger Live administrative servers to be infected with malware.

At this moment, it's technically impossible to conclusively assess the severity and the scope of the data breach. Due to these circumstances, we must assume that your cryptocurrency assets are at risk of being stolen.

If you're receiving this e-mail, it's because you've been affected by the breach. In order to protect your assets, please download the latest version of Ledger Live and follow the instructions to set up a new PIN for your wallet.

Sincerely, Ledger

It is a scam e-mail looks like it comes from Ledger.com but it does not.

do you have some official published from them about it?
OP You could contact the ledger team, as well notify them about the email you received, seeking clarifications on the above

do you have some official published from them about it?

Reactions: cyprusbanker
Following up on this issue I read the below on the link above this thread
Regarding your ecommerce data, no payment information, no credentials (passwords), were concerned by this data breach. It solely affected our customers’ contact details.

This data breach has no link and no impact whatsoever with our hardware wallets nor Ledger Live security and your crypto assets, which are safe and have never been in peril.You are the only one in control and able to access this information.

So according to what Ledger writes, there is no need to worry, either passwords or other sensitive data have been stolen. They also confirm that NOBODY has access to our ledger nanon s devices other than ourselves. OK, so far so good.

Now after about 3 years I have dug my 2 ledger nanon s out again. They were loaded with Ripple, Komodo and Litecoin, respectively. The amount was no more than well over 800 euros on each. Yet. When I open my ledger for the first time after all those years, the only thing left is 3.1 litecoin or 21 XRP (ripple) the rest is zero !!

Is it me who has few alsheimer or is there a chance that someone somehow got access to my sticks (Nanon S) anyway or what happened? I am totally lost and speechless that the kind that can happen, I just bought these hardware wallets for the same purpose, namely to store my cryptocurrencies in a safe place so that after many years I could just restore them without any problems.

It's some real s**t, I had 1000 XRP back then on each of these devices. Had I not discovered it before they had increased a lot then I could not just buy some new ones but had to see that money had slipped from me.

So I just have to repeat the question that there is someone who has a presumption as to what it is that may have happened. Is there a chance I can get my coins back?

Latest Threads