Our valued sponsor

Prepaid Card UK No ID or electoral roll? Annonymous?

Annon Annon

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
I need to use an account for online purchases annonymously, like Pockit Mastercard.
Can't use gift cards - it's for Amazon purchases
Got a drop address.

I'm in the UK, haven't got any docs I can provide.
These sites require you to be on the electoral roll if not they require ID,
Really at a loss.

Reactions: JohnLocke
passport and bank statement or mobile phone bill isn't sufficient?

You don't need any documents to get a prepaid card in the UK.

You can walk into your nearest supporting corner shop hand over up to £200 cash and take away a IDT prepaid card loaded with that value (minus loading fees). You activate the card online by putting in any address and name, buy a £1 prepaid sim card and use that for the phone number and then use the card straight away. You may have to try several shops listed on re-sellers on their website as the cards sell out very quickly as many people are in your position ;-)

Once card is exhausted you can provide docs to make it become re-loadable or do what every one else does and throw prepaid card and sim in bin and buy a new card and sim and repeat process.

Home - IDT Prime Card

Btw Pockit is not very good. I met the CEO one time, bunch of cowboys.

You can walk into your nearest supporting corner shop hand over up to £200 cash and take away a IDT prepaid card loaded with that value (minus loading fees). You activate the card online by putting in any address and name, buy a £1 prepaid sim card and use that for the phone number and then use the card straight away. You may have to try several shops listed on re-sellers on their website as the cards sell out very quickly as many people are in your position ;-)

Once card is exhausted you can provide docs to make it become re-loadable or do what every one else does and throw prepaid card and sim in bin and buy a new card and sim and repeat process.

Home - IDT Prime Card

Thank you so much for letting me know about this.
I've looked into these cards before, especially this particular one.
I thought the name and address had to be on the electoral roll and they would check with referencing agencies to make sure the details you're giving them are genuine? Or is that only the case with Pockit, etc?

One4All does a similar card but there card cannot be used on Amazon unfortunatly. Only selected retailers.

Home - IDT Prime Card

Also all the sites I've been looking at, like Pockit require your name and address to match electoral roll if not they will send lower limit card but will request ID because of the money laundering regulations.

"Do I need to register my details with you to buy or use a Prime Card?

Yes, but once registered you can make purchases over the telephone and on those websites that require you to enter a name and address to make an online purchase. You can register your details quickly and easily here."

Thank you so much for letting me know about this.
I've looked into these cards before, especially this particular one.
I thought the name and address had to be on the electoral roll and they would check with referencing agencies to make sure the details you're giving them are genuine? Or is that only the case with Pockit, etc?

The name and address does not need to be on electoral roll. They check nothing. Only the postcode needs to be genuine which forces you to enter a valid door number. Pockit doesn't check electoral role either. I think maybe your confusing it with a valid postcode and door number which is checked. Hopefully this has not changed recently but I doubt it.

On Pockit when you register it says
"
We DO NOT carry out a credit check against you.

If you are 18 or over and a UK resident you can have a Pockit card.

The only check we carry out is to confirm your name and address. We use various online sources to do this including the electoral role.

"

Also all the sites I've been looking at, like Pockit require your name and address to match electoral roll if not they will send lower limit card but will request ID because of the money laundering regulations.

Check your not confusing valid postcode and door number with electoral roll check. I doubt they check the electoral roll as most people don't vote to be on their anyway. I don't think any card checks the voting register otherwise they would have n customers point blank.

Under EU law no ID is required for obtaining any prepaid cards under 250 euro's in value. I think EU want to lower the limit to 150 euros under the following EU proposal. However each company can still request ID for cards below 250 euros or equivalent.

EUR-Lex - 52016PC0450 - EN - EUR-Lex

Also when you go on register page on IDTprime it says:
"
Why Register?

If you have purchased your card at a store and loaded it with money, you will need to register your Prime card. Registration helps you keep your card secure, as we can instantly block it and send you a replacement if it’s lost or stolen*.

Register now

Registration is easy, and takes seconds to complete. Just fill in the form, follow the instructions, and your Prime Card will be ready to use. Usually registration is instant, but in some cases, we’ll need to ask you for some documentation to help us verify your identity. This process can take up to seven days, and we’ll let you know the outcome through email.

"

Walk into a shop and pick up an IDT prime card. Then just register online with phone number and any valid address. They are not asking for documentation as they state. I know plenty of refugees using these cards in London no issues whatsoever. If they asked for ID they would be out of business tomorrow morning.

No worries :)

Are refunds from online merchants just processed normally back to the card?
Thanks

Yes it acts like any other prepaid card, refunds are re-credited to the card

Someone said on their Facebook page:
"
These guys are scammers. Sell you a card over the counter that they then want you to provide all your identity for, even though you are on the voters role and they will take months to do it. Steer clear.
"

I've not had that experience with the card but compliance changes all the time. I know last November some UK prepaid card providers came into line with EU limits and others suddenly started asking for ID for everyone. Just buy a card and put 10 quid on it and test. If it works then buy another and put full amount.

I doubt anyone on voters role uses or needs an IDT card...lol. The cards are sold in mostly ethnic corner shops and used mostly by immigrant communities just like Lycra and Lebara phone cards. However that is not an outrageous claim posted.

I doubt anyone on voters role uses or needs an IDT card...lol. The cards are sold in mostly ethnic corner shops and used mostly by immigrant communities just like Lycra and Lebara phone cards. However that is not an outrageous claim posted.
24xhrq1.jpg

Latest Threads