Our valued sponsor

Prepaid debit card with US/non-EEA billing address

coozie

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking for a viable solution to paying for online orders in US-based e-commerce stores. Some stores don't accept international debit cards or EEA-based debit cards, specifically.
I'm a non-US citizen but I do have an LLC set up in the US.

Possible workaround for this issue:

Find a prepaid debit card vendor who'd let me use a US billing address (i.e. the registration address of my company) but without requiring SSN or proof of address (other than my company's registration address, which I can prove with certain certificates).

What I've tried so far:
  1. Payoneer debit card for my LLC's account - the application form requires SSN. I've messaged support about this, but no response so far.
  2. I've looked up some MasterCard/Visa debit cards, but I'm not sure at this point if I'd be able to register it with any billing address.
Theoretically, I could ask my American friends to grab one in a US store/post office and just have them pass me the data, but I don't know if purchasing of those cards requires providing an ID/SSN number etc.

I can't find the edit button, so just wanted to add that it seems either virtual or prepaid cards would work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lavel
I stumbled upon across this card in the App Store
Hola Wallet by Hola Movil, LLC
‎Hola Wallet

I’ve spoken with the owner several times over the phone and their target market is foreigners who have no Social Security numbers to be able to get cards for themselves. Now apparently I found it while it was in beta there is The thousand and $50 of my money that I had transferred in that it’s looking like it’s not gonna come back to me. Apparently they listed it on the App Store before it was ready to go it’s been a couple of months it may actually be a pretty good option for you you could use your name and just your business address I will reinstall the app in just a minute and open up the sign-up process and let you know if they even asked for any kind of social I don’t think they

There are limited options only available for you, but they will require you to either visit the bank in the USA in person or use services like stripe.com/atlas - just bear in mind, you have to provide full KYC once it comes to tax filing for your company in the USA or they will come hard after you.

@coozie if your US LLC has a business account at an US bank you can apply for "privacy.com" there you can create virtual cards.
That's what they need to verify:
"
Your account under XXXXXX will be reactivated when we collect and verify your business documents. Once your business is incorporated in the US, please forward:
- Your Tax EIN
- A recent statement for the checking account you want to use with Privacy
- Articles of Incorporation
- Physical address of the company.

Best,
Tom
"
For personal accounts they require you to be US resident, however for business accounts they just require a US based company.

@lavel if your nominee does all the filings for you then they don't ask for UBO kyc. IRS only comes hard after you when being a US passport holder, with the experience I made they don't look to be much interested in non US passport holders.

@coozie if your US LLC has a business account at an US bank you can apply for "privacy.com" there you can create virtual cards.
That's what they need to verify:
"
Your account under XXXXXX will be reactivated when we collect and verify your business documents. Once your business is incorporated in the US, please forward:
- Your Tax EIN
- A recent statement for the checking account you want to use with Privacy
- Articles of Incorporation
- Physical address of the company.

Best,
Tom
"
For personal accounts they require you to be US resident, however for business accounts they just require a US based company.

@lavel if your nominee does all the filings for you then they don't ask for UBO kyc. IRS only comes hard after you when being a US passport holder, with the experience I made they don't look to be much interested in non US passport holders.

Thanks buddy, these are very valuable tips !