Our valued sponsor

Problem opening Bankera account

user9823671

Pro Member
Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
So I recently tried to open a bankera account as I read they can accept payouts from cryprto exchanges.

I'm a UK citizen, but not lived there for 10 years (live in Ecuador, South America). However, I put it all through in my UK details, including my residency. Simple fact is, I don't have proof of address here, it's all the wife's name, because dealing with utilities / bills requires you to go in person and wait and faff around for ages. So just made sense she sorted it all out and anyways, you don't have addresses here, the bill just contains the name and the village / town.

But just got an email from bankera saying "why did you say your residency is UK but your IP shows you in Ecuador

Should I just come clean?
Should I tell them am on vacation? Currently out of the country for an extended period?

Not even sure if bankera is allowed in Ecuador (revolut is not)

Cheers

So I recently tried to open a bankera account as I read they can accept payouts from cryprto exchanges.

I'm a UK citizen, but not lived there for 10 years (live in Ecuador, South America). However, I put it all through in my UK details, including my residency. Simple fact is, I don't have proof of address here, it's all the wife's name, because dealing with utilities / bills requires you to go in person and wait and faff around for ages. So just made sense she sorted it all out and anyways, you don't have addresses here, the bill just contains the name and the village / town.

But just got an email from bankera saying "why did you say your residency is UK but your IP shows you in Ecuador

Should I just come clean?
Should I tell them am on vacation? Currently out of the country for an extended period?

Not even sure if bankera is allowed in Ecuador (revolut is not)

Cheers

Friendly advice would be to create an account with the residency details of Ecuador. But you will have to figure out a good explanation of why you created an account under UK residency for the first time.

Reactions: user9823671
Friendly advice would be to create an account with the residency details of Ecuador. But you will have to figure out a good explanation of why you created an account under UK residency for the first time.
That's the thing, nothing comes with an address. There is no postal system (literally there isn't it got closed down at the start of the pandemic). Utility bill some one just comes round with a bill and leaves it on a post, if they even do that. You just have to remember and go pay.

For everything I just put an address in the UK that I have all my mail sent to, as it's just easier than trying to explain the situation here. For the UK address I have my UK driving license with address on, bank statements, mortage information etc etc. Hence it's much easier to prove.

I don't mind explaining the situation to bankera, wasn't trying to hide where I live, just from experience things go more smoothly with UK address.

That's the thing, nothing comes with an address. There is no postal system (literally there isn't it got closed down at the start of the pandemic). Utility bill some one just comes round with a bill and leaves it on a post, if they even do that. You just have to remember and go pay.

For everything I just put an address in the UK that I have all my mail sent to, as it's just easier than trying to explain the situation here. For the UK address I have my UK driving license with address on, bank statements, mortage information etc etc. Hence it's much easier to prove.

I don't mind explaining the situation to bankera, wasn't trying to hide where I live, just from experience things go more smoothly with UK address.

Do you have a bank account in Ecuador? I don't think they will approve your account without any kind of document confirming your residency.

No, not currently. Only thing I have is national ID card. Everything else is just done in the wife's name as I'm too lazy to bother with the hassle of sorting it out as it involves so much hassle / waiting / bureaucracy

Send me an email if you wish (click on the banner) and I will see if I can help you there. Include your information (full name, email you used for the application, etc).

Latest Threads