Our valued sponsor

Problems with this setup?

heliotrope

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
How about: open a Cyprus company, and pay a monthly salary from it (and social insurance contributions) but not actually trade with it. Motivation: 60d tax residence (this requires either Cyprus employment or a Cyprus company to be maintained year-round), and also rights to healthcare via the social insurance contributions.

Meanwhile, open a Singapore/UAE company or some other favourable offshore structure (need to investigate this further but e.g. Singapore requires a local nominee director and apparently Cyprus are quite lax concerning CFC, I've heard that one may pay 0%).

Upsides: Optionality. Also one avoids ATAD, and it's quite flexible in that the CyprusCo could be closed down and the SgCo used partially as a way to move to Singapore.

What is is you want to achieve with using Cyprus over Malta or any other jurisdiction. We would require a lot more information to be able to give you our opinions.
Is your goal to get to SG?

What is is you want to achieve with using Cyprus over Malta or any other jurisdiction. We would require a lot more information to be able to give you our opinions.
Is your goal to get to SG?
Have a lightweight, low-requirement tax residency (i.e. Cyprus officially requires just 60 days).
Avoid mess with ATAD and so on which would accrue from using the CyprusCo too much.
Have a foothold in the EU -- for now. (British citizen, and I got residency in Cyprus under the terms of the WA, although I've spent little time there and could abandon if persuaded of the merits).
Have a good respectable company vehicle and get private indemnity insurance easily.
Have a possible option in future for moving to Sg (they will surely need to see a business plan and significant revenue).

Latest Threads