Our valued sponsor

Pulling Out Bitcoin

NewMorty

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I have some Bitcoin in coinbase I want to offload but without sending it to my home country bank (UK) to avoid taxes etc. What is the best way to take it out without the UK finding out about the withdrawal? I can set up businesses offshore if needed I'm just after the best solution to withdraw the BTC.

Hey Don can you elaborate more on this I am not based in UK currently. Is there any platforms for this as most are KYC and report back AROI etc
There are some exchangers who can give you cash for your bitcoin. Generally fee is around 5% of the market rate.
You can also buy real estate for your bitcoin and it will not be reported.
For example this approach works well in uae, georgia, armenia, etc.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Hi, I have some Bitcoin in coinbase I want to offload but without sending it to my home country bank (UK) to avoid taxes etc. What is the best way to take it out without the UK finding out about the withdrawal? I can set up businesses offshore if needed I'm just after the best solution to withdraw the BTC.
You have your Bitcoin in ***Coinbase****, which asks for kyc or shares your info already. Is it under your real name or do you use another account?

Reactions: ivars and khinkali
All under real name legit money but I am just trying to avoid taxes when pulling it out. I'm not after real estate either. Is there any good person 2 person exchanges you guys know about that has no KYC requirements?

Also, can this be done via a business say I set one up in Dubai and try to offload it to a business bank under the business name?

Could I use Kraken to send to and lose the trial then send to a personal wallet like electrum then look to offload somehow even if it's person to person, I prefer a business-type setup where I can send and use the funds for business-related things.

Ideally, I'm after a business where I can incorporate and get a bank and then offload to that bank so the money is offshore and safe in a bank as opposed to having cash (unless there is an easier way). Then I can use the business as well while keeping myself hid away from UK taxes etc.

Last edited:
If you don't live in the UK, unloading into the UK should be tax free in the UK, as they have a position, that you pay taxes where you reside, not where you bank/off-ramp...

Coinbase also shares information with HMRC regardless.

Coinbase also shares information with HMRC regardless.

I was wondering the same. He says his home country is UK but then he says he is not based in UK currently. So don't know exactly what he got going on there. Maybe he is UK non-dom.

Anyway Coinbase reports to HMRC as I have mentioned in other threads so he will be left to figure it all out with HMRC.

----- quote start

Coinbase are contacting customers with more than £3,000 in crypto assets to let them know they're sharing account information with HMRC. The email reads:

"We’re writing to let you know about a notice HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) issued to Coinbase under Paragraph 1, Schedule 23 to the Finance Act 2011. This notice requires us to provide information on your Coinbase account to HMRC. The notice requires the disclosure of customers with a UK address who received more than £3,000 worth of crypto assets from Coinbase UK, Ltd., from April 6, 2020 - December 31, 2020. This includes both purchases or receipts of crypto to your Coinbase account."

------ quote end