Our valued sponsor

Question about acquiring a second passport and undergoing a legal name change

Hello there, I am interested in acquiring a passport in another country that offers citizenship by investment or donation. Would it be possible to legally change my name after acquiring the passport? I am interested to hear if anyone has experience with this or advice...What would the best country be for this specific scenario?

Thank you
it can easily be done (after you have obtained your new passport) in common law jurisdictions by deed poll.

Reactions: SinghCapital
it can easily be done (after you have obtained your new passport) in common law jurisdictions by deed poll.
Excellent. I will likely go for a St. Lucia passport. I am not sure if anyone here is familiar with the process in that country. I already know how to obtain the passport (I am doing it via a one time investment). Once its done, I guess ill have to figure out with local authorities if they will allow a name change there.

Excellent. I will likely go for a St. Lucia passport. I am not sure if anyone here is familiar with the process in that country. I already know how to obtain the passport (I am doing it via a one time investment). Once its done, I guess ill have to figure out with local authorities if they will allow a name change there.
No, contact a lawyer in advance and ask whether a name change can be done. Find out which Caribbean nations allow a name change before you commit to a particular CBI program. Why would you wait until after you have paid for the CBI program to ask this question?

It is possible that, while some of these nations allow a name change for locals, some of these programs do not allow name changes for CBI citizens to thwart fraud and other criminal activity. So, ask all questions in advance.

Reactions: SinghCapital