Our valued sponsor

Question about Business name change for Delaware LLC

dotbloup

Offshore Agent
Pro Member
May 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

If i decide to file a name amendement for my Delaware LLC meaning changing my company name,

is it possible to find my former company name from the Delaware public register when typing the new company name?

Anyways, is it possible to find my former company name at the delaware public register

thank you.

Reactions: aage and happyjohn
I don't know with the public register but if it works as in most European countries there is a history to look at and there you can find the company name! Also in the memo for the company the change of company name will be visible!
You are right, and in fact, i am an european. I can see that every year company registers in Europe provide more and more information. On the other hand, the Delaware public register provides a very small amount of information just like in Panama & it is pretty stable. I think it is not about to change.

You can request company history of a Delaware company. It's really not difficult!
After reading your answer, i thought there were also the IRS aspect of it. In fact, the issue for me is not the US authorities but foreign authorities & they have a treaty to exchange tax information with US. So if it is also possible to track back the company history for one EIN then, i am cooked. Really, if we take the price of a delware company incorporation, it is not worth taking the risk of changing the name and going for a certificate of amendement. It is better to incorporate a new company right away.

thank you.

I'm not certain if a Delaware corp. has any aspect of anonymity but I'm sure that for US citizens it is one good option to avoid to pay legally tax in the USA!

Delware has nothing to offer in regards to anonymity! It's the USfin4774" and for that reason nothing is anonymous it's the opposite everything you do is monitored!

I don't know with the public register but if it works as in most European countries there is a history to look at and there you can find the company name! Also in the memo for the company the change of company name will be visible!
So do you mean it only works in European countries? I'm living in 3rd tier country and I would like to know about it

Latest Threads