Our valued sponsor

Question: Open account at a bank that offers good trading platform?

Nicholas Van Orton

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
Good morning. I'm looking to diversify from Swissquote/Saxo Bank/Flowbank into other bank options that offer access to global markets. I checked CIM Banque (Switzerland) but it appears their IB connection is gone. Dukascopy Bank not a good option as it's mainly FX and a few CFDs for stocks/PMs. I attempted to open an account with Ameria Bank in the past with no success, so that wouldn't count either.

@Martin Everson or anyone else with knowledge of the matter may be of help, please?

Thank you.

NVO

FlatexDegiro Bank in Germany but its in German. So basic knowledge in needed. You can also look at their professional trader platform ViTrade which maybe available in English but not tried.

Standard Chartered in Singapore is not bad. And on not so cheap side you got BGL BNP Paribas in Luxembourg. Those are the credible banks off head I can think of.

FlatexDegiro Bank in Germany but its in German. So basic knowledge in needed. You can also look at their professional trader platform ViTrade which maybe available in English but not tried.

Standard Chartered in Singapore is not bad. And on not so cheap side you got BGL BNP Paribas in Luxembourg. Those are the credible banks off head I can think of.
Once again, thank you, valuable info which is much appreciated, @Martin Everson . I'll try them out.

NVO

Good morning. I'm looking to diversify from Swissquote/Saxo Bank/Flowbank into other bank options that offer access to global markets. I checked CIM Banque (Switzerland) but it appears their IB connection is gone. Dukascopy Bank not a good option as it's mainly FX and a few CFDs for stocks/PMs. I attempted to open an account with Ameria Bank in the past with no success, so that wouldn't count either.

@Martin Everson or anyone else with knowledge of the matter may be of help, please?

Thank you.

NVO
Depending on how big your account is, with Credit Suisse you can do everything and more.

Reactions: Flatworld

The SC Singapore option sounds awesome for me .... May I know if they offer their services to not residents and if they brokerage account includes a current account with them? Sounds good tho

Reactions: troubled soul
The SC Singapore option sounds awesome for me .... May I know if they offer their services to not residents and if they brokerage account includes a current account with them? Sounds good tho

Yes they do and you get a bank account.

Do you need to go there in person for the opening?

No.

I had an account in Luxembourg. Everything was going smoothly until I contacted them with a question. They must have noitced that I was a foreigner. I then recieved and email saying I had ten days to get my funds out and close the account. Just wanted to share this.

Would be better if you mentioned name of company.

Info worth bearing in mind from Standard Chartered Singapore FAQ on their online trading platform:

Restrictions applied to your application for an Online Trading account include, but are not limited to, the following:
• You are younger than 21 years of age at the point of application.
• You reside in a country of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). This restriction will extend to residents of the United Kingdom.
• You are a U.S. Resident, U.S. Citizen, or a U.S. Permanent Resident Card holder.
• You have an Australian/New Zealand residential address, mailing address or contact numb

Reactions: Forester
I had an account in Luxembourg. Everything was going smoothly until I contacted them with a question. They must have noitced that I was a foreigner. I then recieved and email saying I had ten days to get my funds out and close the account. Just wanted to share this.
Which bank was it?

Info worth bearing in mind from Standard Chartered Singapore FAQ on their online trading platform:
From what I know they can open an account if there is a local SC in your country.

Reactions: troubled soul
Sorry for the late reply. Keytrade.

Interesting as Ketrade Bank was taken over by Swissquote beginning of the year. All accounts were moved to Swissquote. This must have happened a while ago or if recent you failed to migrate your account to Swissquote so they had to close it :confused:.

Latest Threads