Our valued sponsor

Receiving money from company to EMI

albright

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
hi,

Is it possible to receive money to an EMI personal account from a company bank account, or does the EMI have to be setup as a corporate account? What if you were self employed and not set up as a company, but needed to be paid by a company to your EMI?

From what I can see from the likes of Advcash, any money received must come from an account in the same name, not a third party.

Yes you can receive third-party payments in an EMI personal account from a company. You can't however use a personal EMI account like a business account and be selling goods and services. Activity such as receiving your salary from thirdparty companies where an employment contract is present is generally acceptable on personal EMI accounts.

Reactions: James Turner
hi,

Is it possible to receive money to an EMI personal account from a company bank account, or does the EMI have to be setup as a corporate account? What if you were self employed and not set up as a company, but needed to be paid by a company to your EMI?

From what I can see from the likes of Advcash, any money received must come from an account in the same name, not a third party.
I once asked the exact same question direcrly to TransferWise support and they told me that was fine as long as I had documents supporting the transaction.
i.e : in case you receive your salary a employment contract etc.

Latest Threads