Our valued sponsor

Recommendations for CSPs for Single Member US LLC in Florida

FixieHartmann

Feb 16, 2021
Bahamas
Visit site
Hi,
I am planning to set up a single member US LLC as disregarded / pass-through entity to invoice the clients of my consulting business.
I live in the Caribbean, don't have US citizenship nor a Green Card and don't have any US clients (nor Nexus / ETBUS). Also, I have the written confirmation from the country that I live in that neither I nor the company will become tax resident, so all in all this looks like a good option.

Can you please recommend accountants or CSPs that would establish the LLC and handle all ongoing management / bookkeeping / accounting? Preferably someone who has experience with a constellation where a non US citizen owns a US LLC and the US tax implications that come with it.

I don't mind paying a premium, but want everything to be completely legal, transparent and 'conservative', e.g. no shady gray area stuff or questionable practices. All the income is from real European companies with regular invoices, no crypto etc. involved.

Theoretically I can setup the company anywhere in the US, however with Florida the advantage would be that I can easily fly to Miami to open bank accounts etc.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: uplana
Hi,
I am planning to set up a single member US LLC as disregarded / pass-through entity to invoice the clients of my consulting business.
I live in the Caribbean, don't have US citizenship nor a Green Card and don't have any US clients (nor Nexus / ETBUS). Also, I have the written confirmation from the country that I live in that neither I nor the company will become tax resident, so all in all this looks like a good option.

Can you please recommend accountants or CSPs that would establish the LLC and handle all ongoing management / bookkeeping / accounting? Preferably someone who has experience with a constellation where a non US citizen owns a US LLC and the US tax implications that come with it.

I don't mind paying a premium, but want everything to be completely legal, transparent and 'conservative', e.g. no shady gray area stuff or questionable practices. All the income is from real European companies with regular invoices, no crypto etc. involved.

Theoretically I can setup the company anywhere in the US, however with Florida the advantage would be that I can easily fly to Miami to open bank accounts etc.

Thanks for your help!
As far as I know, you can open an LLC in any US State and open bank accounts all across the US. For example, I have a Wyoming LLC and opened the bank account at Wellsfargo in Seattle, WA. Just my 2 cents..if you want to compare Florida LLC with other states'.

Is it actually worth it?
IMHO no but you said you don't mind paying a premium so here it is. I actually don't know what you need an accountant for if the only document you need to file is the 5472 form. You can setup your LLC with any registered agent and let him handle the 5472 form. A friend used him for that and he paid $500

Reactions: troubled soul
Looks like the costs for setting up such an LLC would be around $2k, which is far higher than what LegalZoom, IncFile, Northwest Registered Agent etc. are quoting. Is it actually worth it?
the mentioned CSP's are really worth to look into if you are obting for a a US LLC - have used Nothwest in the past.

Generally Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile are the most popular options. But they don't do the filings for you, you'd have to find an accountant for that.
Understood. Any recommendations on that side?

It’ll be very little work as there will only be a handful of invoices a month but I want to make sure that everything is completely done by the books.

Understood. Any recommendations on that side?

It’ll be very little work as there will only be a handful of invoices a month but I want to make sure that everything is completely done by the books.
Hi, sorry for barging in... i am in a very similar situation, i already have a Wyoming LLC as nonresident alien, my business is non ETBUS and i am looking for some accounting firm to (as you put it)"handle all the ongoing management / bookkeeping / accounting" in a "completely legal, transparent and 'conservative', e.g. no shady gray area stuff or questionable practices".

Did you find any accounting firm you'd recommend? (the cheaper the better of course)

Latest Threads