Our valued sponsor

Recommended EMI that accepts nominee structures?

Shift

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
Can someone please recommend a trustworthy EMI (or bank) that would accept a Gibraltar based company with a nominee director and shareholder?
ePayments seemed like a good option but that's now off the table. Paysera, Revolut and some others don't accept nominee ownership structures.

We need to at least to be able to accept and send SEPA transfers and we need reasonable transaction fees to be able to do frequent small transactions in a sensible way.

If there are no good options, we might just change the ownership structure...

AdvCash accept pretty much anything.
This is to make word count 10

Yup AdvCash another Russian Yandex, Qiwi and Russian bank card accepting business. Does it not exactly match what I warned people about with epayments in my post below? :rolleyes:

Rule No.1 stay away from all Russian processing EMI's. There are NO exception to that rule.

Can someone please recommend a trustworthy EMI (or bank) that would accept a Gibraltar based company with a nominee director and shareholder?
ePayments seemed like a good option but that's now off the table. Paysera, Revolut and some others don't accept nominee ownership structures.

We need to at least to be able to accept and send SEPA transfers and we need reasonable transaction fees to be able to do frequent small transactions in a sensible way.

If there are no good options, we might just change the ownership structure...

HI did you find any solution? I also have Gib company and same problem with bank :(

I went with Gibraltar too. Hope I don’t have a problem about banking. I have also nominee and shareholder. I work with Turnerlittle and hope they can open an a bank account for me. They say they can. Got a little bit worried after people have problems with that

HI did you find any solution? I also have Gib company and same problem with bank
A Gibraltar company will struggle to get at normal bank account unless you are really based there. If you hire an office and pay local bills, there are local banks that will accept you - of course subject to normal KYC/AML procedures.

If you are not prepared to do that you can get an EMI for your company. There are several that accepts Gibraltar companies.

Any suggestions?
If you have nomiee director and nominee shareholder, there are not a lot of EMIs that accept that. For a Gibraltar company with nominee shareholder and nominee director I have managed to get EMI acounts with epayments (now at least temporarily out of business) and Leopay. I am sure you can find other ones as well.

I stress that this is when you are completely open about having nominees.

Reactions: arsonist
Yup AdvCash another Russian Yandex, Qiwi and Russian bank card accepting business. Does it not exactly match what I warned people about with epayments in my post below? :rolleyes:

Rule No.1 stay away from all Russian processing EMI's. There are NO exception to that rule.

I do not agree, I am from Russia and Yandex, Webmoney and other providers are very stable and good !
But I do not think they will open an account for business, they are mostly for private persons.

A Gibraltar company will struggle to get at normal bank account unless you are really based there. If you hire an office and pay local bills, there are local banks that will accept you - of course subject to normal KYC/AML procedures.

If you are not prepared to do that you can get an EMI for your company. There are several that accepts Gibraltar companies.
What KYC? There are nominie and shareholder. How they identify you?

What KYC? There are nominie and shareholder. How they identify you?
You are required to give information to the bank/EMI who the UBO is. If you have nominees, then obviusly the information about UBO will differ from who the shareholder is, and so they will know that you have nominees.

Now, you can of course find nominees that will not tell, but then you are not playing buy the rules anymore.

No, the bank/EMI will not "leak it", but they can report who the UBO is - if required to do so under the CRS.