Our valued sponsor

Register company completely remotely? Best options? Anything in the EU?

Strictly speaking, you can do it almost anywhere in EU. In some places, physical presence is required but can be done by a proxy. There might be exceptions to this.

For incorporation, the easiest and most popular are Cyprus and Malta. Estonia and Ireland are quite popular, but far behind Cyprus and Malta. The processes in these countries are straightforward and well tailored to non-resident foreigners. Thanks to healthy competition, prices are very reasonable compared to most other EU locations.

Banking is difficult in all, especially if you don't have a local presence. However, it's usually possible to find an EMI to open an account with if regular banks aren't receptive.

Reactions: GPT
where can open in UK? i heard HSBC is the best bank but i find out that some incoropration company offers only revolut barklays or wise
You can forget HSBC or any of the streetbanks there unless you have someone with connections to that banks!

Passport is German.
Country of residence is Thailand.
Purpose of the company is to sell goods in Germany online (no import into Germany—goods will be produced in Germany and sold there. Only management will be abroad with me)
Why not open a Germany company? All business is in Germany so you have to pay German VAT on all your sales and reclaim it.

With a company out of Germany you will make it more difficult since you also have to charge VAT on business sales (goods are shipped from DE to DE) and reclaim it will be more complicated.

Also since all business is done in Germany from purchase to sale and you are a German citizen, doing so with another corporation will risk on having issues with German tax authorities.

I am sure your German accountant can open a corporation remotely for you and opening a bank account with high street bank as a German citizen shouldn't be too hard as well.

Not sure about the requirements of the director in Germany as i some neighboring countries there is the requirements of having a local director.

If you would be the local director it will change your personal income tax situation.

Why not open a Germany company? All business is in Germany so you have to pay German VAT on all your sales and reclaim it.

With a company out of Germany you will make it more difficult since you also have to charge VAT on business sales (goods are shipped from DE to DE) and reclaim it will be more complicated.

Also since all business is done in Germany from purchase to sale and you are a German citizen, doing so with another corporation will risk on having issues with German tax authorities.

I am sure your German accountant can open a corporation remotely for you and opening a bank account with high street bank as a German citizen shouldn't be too hard as well.

Not sure about the requirements of the director in Germany as i some neighboring countries there is the requirements of having a local director.

If you would be the local director it will change your personal income tax situation.
My question regarding your comment is:

Having a local director in Germany, would it solve the problems with the tax German authorities, because he is a German citizen and sells most of his products in Germany?

He would continue to be a 100% shareholder but the director would be a local person in Germany?

Why not open a Germany company?

it’s definitely an option I am considering. It would make many things easier, especially most things tax and legal related, which I could mostly do myself then or with the help of friends (I used to have companies in Germany for certain things before).

Not sure if there would be any tax benefits of having a company in a foreign country.

Another reason was that a foreign company could better hide my name (simply for privacy reasons—I’m not planning to do anything illegal). But it seems that the German competition laws would require me to publish my full name in the imprint anyway, regardless of where the company is registered.

Having a local director in Germany, would it solve the problems with the tax German authorities, because he is a German citizen and sells most of his products in Germany?
You should speak with an tax advisor in your area before you take the next step. There are actually benefits you could get from an foreign company but it requires professional assistance.

There are also threads around the forum about some German tax loops.