Our valued sponsor

Registering a supercar in Europe somewhere

slovakia
most easteuropean people register there their new car.
All you need is a company which can be 100% inactive
and if i'm not mistaken you won't need to pay VAT for the car too
Slovakia?
Had never thought of that country for registering a car. I like Bratislava, I'm always impressed to see new buildings there, but I know registration costs are quite high. Good to know that they accept inactive companies, but I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Slovakia?
Had never thought of that country for registering a car. I like Bratislava, I'm always impressed to see new buildings there, but I know registration costs are quite high. Good to know that they accept inactive companies, but I'm not sure it's a good idea.
its working for years.....
in poland you can see a lot of new higher class cars registered in slovakia.
Its working since they do it for over 4-5 years now.
Also you safe a lot of money on VAT which is the main purpose of many people to register there.
Another side effect is you don't get tickets since slovakia doesn't cowork with western countries to collect tickets.

its working for years.....
in poland you can see a lot of new higher class cars registered in slovakia.
Its working since they do it for over 4-5 years now.
Also you safe a lot of money on VAT which is the main purpose of many people to register there.
Another side effect is you don't get tickets since slovakia doesn't cowork with western countries to collect tickets.
Be careful with the ticket comment. If you collect too many in a country the police will just impound the car until the tickets are paid. Seen that happening in the Netherlands and Switzerland several times already.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with getting a car registered in a country where they are not resident in and have put the car in name of a foundation or a company.

The reason why I am asking this is because I can't get my car registered in my current place of residence because of the HP output in combination with my age.

Out of interest one can speak to Motorama in Gibraltar as they have a VIP ownership service for registering supercars inside Gibraltar corporate structures to drive in Europe.

Also you can have a look at this faq page of another Gibraltar car dealer on use of Tourist plates:

Reactions: marioIT
Being deep diving in that topic too, I found some interesting comparative study made by some pro tax sect. Some comments for some countries having room to do better on taxation are a bit disgusting to read, but you do get the pleasure the use their work against their own goals.

Meanwhile in Singapore:

Budget 2023: Tax for higher-end cars to rise again; ARF to go up from 220% to 320%

• Haha
Reactions: Martin Everson
Being deep diving in that topic too, I found some interesting comparative study made by some pro tax sect. Some comments for some countries having room to do better on taxation are a bit disgusting to read, but you do get the pleasure the use their work against their own goals.

can you find anything like that for helicopters, yachts and small planes/jets? smi(&%

So there is no way to import super car in Malta without paying huge fees?
There are a few things you can do..

Register your car somewhere tax friendly (preferably a company car) and just bring to Malta and keep it on foreign plates, there are a shitload of people doing this.. However it's a risk and not legal.

If you owned a car 2 years prior to moving you can register it tax free.

Best legal option I found is setting up a company somewhere with low car taxes (Bulgaria for example) and registering the car to the company, lease the car from your own company. Now you can go to Transport Malta say you are using a foreign car which is leased. Now you will only have to pay the registration tax for the period you are using the car on Malta, and the car will remain on foreign plates. You can use the calculator the estimate taxes you have to pay. If you decide to leave Malta or sell the car you will get back the remaining amount

There are a few things you can do..

Register your car somewhere tax friendly (preferably a company car) and just bring to Malta and keep it on foreign plates, there are a shitload of people doing this.. However it's a risk and not legal.

If you owned a car 2 years prior to moving you can register it tax free.

Best legal option I found is setting up a company somewhere with low car taxes (Bulgaria for example) and registering the car to the company, lease the car from your own company. Now you can go to Transport Malta say you are using a foreign car which is leased. Now you will only have to pay the registration tax for the period you are using the car on Malta, and the car will remain on foreign plates. You can use the calculator the estimate taxes you have to pay. If you decide to leave Malta or sell the car you will get back the remaining amount
The issue is that you need a local person to be an authorized, responsible car user, which can be a company that you can use for the purpose of shielding yourself from potential fines.
You can be the car owner, but when registering the car, while setting a limited liability company (or other legal entity) as the responsible user.
Estonia is an excellent option for this, no car tax, company formation and management is fully digital, and the minimum share capital is 1 cent for a limited liability company.
As an added benefit, you have the tax system where you only pay tax on profit distribution for different kinds of structuring.

Car registration is also quite an easy process.

The issue is that you need a local person to be an authorized, responsible car user, which can be a company that you can use for the purpose of shielding yourself from potential fines.
You can be the car owner, but when registering the car, while setting a limited liability company (or other legal entity) as the responsible user.
Estonia is an excellent option for this, no car tax, company formation and management is fully digital, and the minimum share capital is 1 cent for a limited liability company.
As an added benefit, you have the tax system where you only pay tax on profit distribution for different kinds of structuring.

Car registration is also quite an easy process.

Wouldn't an Estonian license plate in Malta attract local authorities? They might be strict like Italy.

Wouldn't an Estonian license plate in Malta attract local authorities? They might be strict like Italy.
A big part of the population in Malta is foreign, it's very common to see foreign plated cars. Malta has these rules as well but are not really well enforced, they sometimes clamp foreign vehicles parked on the street but they never ask questions going in and out the country with the ferry or when driving around in Malta you never get stopped for having a foreign vehicle.

European plates don't attract attention what so ever, non EU plates might raise more questions, especially from customs etc.

Reactions: Martin Everson

Latest Threads