Our valued sponsor

Renting in Spain

OffChance

Mar 5, 2023
UAE
Visit site
Hello,

Anybody here has a contact in Spain (Barcelona) that can help finding an apartment in Spain as a foreigner with a foreign business & work contracts? The agencies & landlords ignore you once you mention that your employer is not in Spain, even if you show hundreds of thousands in your bank accounts.

Thanks.

Just give them what they want
I believe there is something special they do with the company hiring you in case you don't pay rent or something so this isn't really an option. Thanks

I can help you with an Spanish contract and salary slips
How? PM if you want. Thanks

I believe there is something special they do with the company hiring you in case you don't pay rent or something so this isn't really an option. Thanks

I lived in Spain for years, theres a law called LOPD (something something data protection), they cannot call your company asking for your employment status, nor the company can confirm/deny it.

Me and multiple people I know have rented flats with photoshopped payslips/contracts, you good G dont worry.

Reactions: jafo
I lived in Spain for years, theres a law called LOPD (something something data protection), they cannot call your company asking for your employment status, nor the company can confirm/deny it.

Me and multiple people I know have rented flats with photoshopped payslips/contracts, you good G dont worry.
Ohh awesome I guess this is what I will be doing. Can I pm you to ask about some more details?

Thank you.

You cannot DM in this forum unless you are a paying member but you can ask me whatever you need here in public.
Drop your Telegram @ if you want
Oh, I forgot my subscription ran out. I'll just ask here instead of telegram in case someone finds this useful.

I can easily make up a contract but I just realized I'm here with student residency in Spain so I can't even legally work here. They will most likely catch that, no?

I don't actually study, just used studies as an excuse to get the visa. Sidenote: I've applied for the digital visa and now waiting for a reply but would love to just get an apartment already since I have been trying for months now.

Thank you.

I can easily make up a contract but I just realized I'm here with student residency in Spain so I can't even legally work here. They will most likely catch that, no?

Nah, so far you have a NIE to put in the contract/payslips you good.

I don't actually study, just used studies as an excuse to get the visa. Sidenote: I've applied for the digital visa and now waiting for a reply but would love to just get an apartment already since I have been trying for months now.

Is there anyone actually studying on those visas? lol

dw G you are overthinking it, its your standard 'i need to see some papers' situation, the info itself dont matter so far the papers look good.
nobody has any way to confirm what the paper says is true, its a compliance circus at best.

Reactions: OffChance

dw G you are overthinking it, its your standard 'i need to see some papers' situation, the info itself dont matter so far the papers look good.
Aight thanks a lot, I have a bank account where I've been withdrawing from Nexo (crypto exchange) every few weeks so I will just make a work contract with a "Nexo" and use it. Contract and bank acc statements is all I need right?

Thanks.

Aight thanks a lot, I have a bank account where I've been withdrawing from Nexo (crypto exchange) every few weeks so I will just make a work contract with a "Nexo" and use it. Contract and bank acc statements is all I need right?

Thanks.

In my case nobody ever asked me for any bank statements, only contract and 3 payslips.
But if you want to go that route yeah why not.

Nah, so far you have a NIE to put in the contract/payslips you good.

nobody has any way to confirm what the paper says is true, its a compliance circus at best.
Would that trick work in other countries with bureaucratic renting market, like the US? I heard in the US landlords even send background check requests to the police

Would that trick work in other countries with bureaucratic renting market, like the US? I heard in the US landlords even send background check requests to the police

The US is very different to EU based on the fact that data protection is not that strong.
Some employers make you pee on a cup to test for drugs even lol

So maybe you could pull it off depending on location but chances of failure are higher.

Reactions: elcontestador
Hello,

Anybody here has a contact in Spain (Barcelona) that can help finding an apartment in Spain as a foreigner with a foreign business & work contracts? The agencies & landlords ignore you once you mention that your employer is not in Spain, even if you show hundreds of thousands in your bank accounts.

Thanks.
Hey I am Spanish and have contacts. I can help you.

Don't use Engel Voelkers, they have nothing they are trying to sell ever no matter what the country, nor Rentola as they also have nothing, give longtermlettings a go or Spotahome, this is the funny thing about the internet, most are going on the theory of how it works, I or the people I know actually have tried it.

Don't use Engel Voelkers, they have nothing they are trying to sell ever no matter what the country, nor Rentola as they also have nothing, give longtermlettings a go or Spotahome, this is the funny thing about the internet, most are going on the theory of how it works, I or the people I know actually have tried it.
@alistera
What is the problem with Engel Voelkers? Dind't understand what you mean