Our valued sponsor

Republic of Abkhazia

Can someone here give me the spiel on how one could acquire citizenship in one of the four unrecognized countries (Abkhazia, Transnistria, South Ossetia, and Northern Cyprus).

I found a post online (My Russian is average) saying that you could acquire a passport bypassing the one-year requirement if I opened a company in the PMR with 18K USD of capital. If this is true, I would be willing to try.

My goal - I want to access Northern Cyprus or Abkhazia for special business purposes (Not anyone's concern) and a good place to lie low.

The downside to Abkhazia is that I will have to avoid going to Georgia due to legal concerns. In addition, I would be happy to add another passport to the stack, even if it is only useful in 3 states.

In addition, have any of you had any luck with the banking CBI Turkish passport?

I would particularly like a passport for Abkhazia or Nothern Cyprus, but Transnistria would work too. I will do some research in the meanwhile.
There you go Sir.
I believe Im entitled to thumbs up for googling this for you (Transnistria):

In Transnistria, you can enjoy free education, free university, free social care, almost free public transportation and sometimes receive income from the government. The paradox is that most westerners are actually poorer than Transnistrians. In the US and the UK, most people have to take a loan to pay for everything and will only be able to save a part of their income after they are 30, while the Transnistrians have access to pretty much everything for free. There are, of course, trade-offs, and in the end living in the EU or North America is often better, but we cannot deny that statistically the young generation in Transnistria is actually better off than their peers in the West. It is quite ironic since Transnistria is often described as one of the poorest places in Europe.

Reactions: crassus54
There you go Sir.
I believe Im entitled to thumbs up for googling this for you (Transnistria):

In Transnistria, you can enjoy free education, free university, free social care, almost free public transportation and sometimes receive income from the government. The paradox is that most westerners are actually poorer than Transnistrians. In the US and the UK, most people have to take a loan to pay for everything and will only be able to save a part of their income after they are 30, while the Transnistrians have access to pretty much everything for free. There are, of course, trade-offs, and in the end living in the EU or North America is often better, but we cannot deny that statistically the young generation in Transnistria is actually better off than their peers in the West. It is quite ironic since Transnistria is often described as one of the poorest places in Europe.
You are entitled to much more than a thumbs up, I thank you immensely for this link and for your knowledge.

Transnistria is surely an interesting place, I would love to go someday, do you have any recommendations for tourism? I speak Russian reasonably well (Especially in a hospitality context), so I can probably get by with no issue.

Have you been there, and can you disclose if you have a PMR citizenship (If not publicly, then in DMS)?

Reactions: Don
You are entitled to much more than a thumbs up, I thank you immensely for this link and for your knowledge.

Transnistria is surely an interesting place, I would love to go someday, do you have any recommendations for tourism? I speak Russian reasonably well (Especially in a hospitality context), so I can probably get by with no issue.

Have you been there, and can you disclose if you have a PMR citizenship (If not publicly, then in DMS)?

The trick is to figure out how to get an Abkhaz passport, which can actually be useful. The downside is that I would not feel comfortable visiting georgia due to the political situation and laws if I did get one.

Does anyone have any clue about how I could do this? In addition, how does one visit Abkhazia? I thought that since the SMO georgia closed their border, and it is technically illegal to cross from Russia (I might do it anyway).

The trick is to figure out how to get an Abkhaz passport, which can actually be useful. The downside is that I would not feel comfortable visiting georgia due to the political situation and laws if I did get one.

Does anyone have any clue about how I could do this? In addition, how does one visit Abkhazia? I thought that since the SMO georgia closed their border, and it is technically illegal to cross from Russia (I might do it anyway).
Check the law: http://presidentofabkhazia.org/en/vize_president/dejatelnost/zacon.pdf

You can visit Abkhazia through Russia or Georgia.

Reactions: crassus54
How much they need? Are you coming with me?
According to the official website: 20K Rubles so 220 Euros.
The issue is the bureaucratic process to create a company and the gifts required to make everything work.

I still would rather focus on trying for an Abkhazia passport, as I would prefer to stay there if necessary than Pridnestrovie and like the ability to go to Russia and Nicaragua on that passport. In addition, it has sea access where I can store boats and equipment and a land border with Russia.

To be clear, I am trying to get the benefits of a RU passport without actually legally “having” a passport and having to report it on my taxes.

In addition, it seems to be a more stable political climate, although the Abkhazian government is a little too close to Russia for my comfort. I found some interesting laws in the policy document of Abkhazia that may allow me citizenship under certain circumstances.

Говорите ли вы по-русски?
Вот источник: ÐонÑÑиÑÑÑионнÑй закон ÐÑиднеÑÑÑовÑкой ÐолдавÑкой РеÑпÑблики "РгÑажданÑÑве ÐÑиднеÑÑÑовÑкой ÐолдавÑкой РеÑпÑблики" | ÐиниÑÑеÑÑÑво иноÑÑÑаннÑÑ Ð´ÐµÐ»

How much they need? Are you coming with me?
When are you going? I probably will not be available until June to go to Eastern Europe, but I am going to Greece in a few weeks.

Last edited:
According to the official website: 20K Rubles so 220 Euros.
The issue is the bureaucratic process to create a company and the gifts required to make everything work.

I still would rather focus on trying for an Abkhazia passport, as I would prefer to stay there if necessary than Pridnestrovie and like the ability to go to Russia and Nicaragua on that passport. In addition, it has sea access where I can store boats and equipment and a land border with Russia.

To be clear, I am trying to get the benefits of a RU passport without actually legally “having” a passport and having to report it on my taxes.

In addition, it seems to be a more stable political climate, although the Abkhazian government is a little too close to Russia for my comfort. I found some interesting laws in the policy document of Abkhazia that may allow me citizenship under certain circumstances.

Говорите ли вы по-русски?
Вот источник: ÐонÑÑиÑÑÑионнÑй закон ÐÑиднеÑÑÑовÑкой ÐолдавÑкой РеÑпÑблики "РгÑажданÑÑве ÐÑиднеÑÑÑовÑкой ÐолдавÑкой РеÑпÑблики" | ÐиниÑÑеÑÑÑво иноÑÑÑаннÑÑ Ð´ÐµÐ»

When are you going? I probably will not be available until June to go to Eastern Europe, but I am going to Greece in a few weeks.
Abkhazia is indeed clearly superior to PMR for the time being.
For PMR what needs to happen is for Russia to start officially recognizing it as an independent territory not part of Moldova. In such environment they might be able to sign a similar visa agreement with Russia like Abkhazia.
With the Ukrainian conflict the future is quite unclear for PMR.

Abkhazia is indeed clearly superior to PMR for the time being.
For PMR what needs to happen is for Russia to start officially recognizing it as an independent territory not part of Moldova. In such environment they might be able to sign a similar visa agreement with Russia like Abkhazia.
With the Ukrainian conflict the future is quite unclear for PMR.
You elucidated my thoughts exactly.
Any ideas on how to acquire a passport there? I found this blurb from an official document (translated to english).

1707727689462.png

Something else to look into would be a south ossetian passport, but I fear it will be incorporated into Alania in a few years. Abkhazia still keeps ties to the outside world.
One can actually go visa free to Syria, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Russia, narau and until ten or so years ago, Vanuatu with an Abkhaz passport.

You elucidated my thoughts exactly.
Any ideas on how to acquire a passport there? I found this blurb from an official document (translated to english).

View attachment 6200

Something else to look into would be a south ossetian passport, but I fear it will be incorporated into Alania in a few years. Abkhazia still keeps ties to the outside world.
One can actually go visa free to Syria, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Russia, narau and until ten or so years ago, Vanuatu with an Abkhaz passport.
Have the profession or qualification that is of specific state interest for RA - in other words be useful and they will give you the passport...

Last edited:
I am trying to find a similar document for south ossetia, but Abkhazia is much nicer. The idea is to get a Russian passport without the strings attached.

A PMR passport might get me an Abkhaz one: Кабинет Министров Республики Абхазия
can you explain how you can get Abkhaz passport if you have PMR?

Ok, then how about we invest in PMR to get the passport there first? I think if each one of us invests a bit, we can make the company big and impress them a lot. Maybe, even
yes.. great idea.. maybe a small co-operative..

do you have any ideas about what could be great activities?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ImKing
I am trying to find a similar document for south ossetia, but Abkhazia is much nicer. The idea is to get a Russian passport without the strings attached.
I think one of those:

You can check Article 14 (translated for crassus54)

Article 14. Admission to citizenship of the Republic of South Ossetia in a simplified manner
2. Citizenship of the Republic of South Ossetia is accepted in a simplified manner without complying with the conditions provided for in paragraph 1 of Article 13 of this Constitutional Law:
d) persons who have special services to the Republic of South Ossetia and humanity, or have a profession or qualification that is of special state interest for the Republic of South Ossetia.

Is this the one you were looking for

No thank you for now, I'll pass. But if you would be so kind as to come back here to report on how the project went for you, then I might join in another round, or I might jump in myself.

It is very interesting to read about and follow, and it provides inspiration and food for thought.

Reactions: Jerry1911