Our valued sponsor

Robbery and safety

I agree that muscles and confident look can make a difference when it comes to choosing targets BUT only an idiot gets involved in a fight of any kind when only money and things are at stake - it's a poor decision almost every time
True, giving them what you have is almost the best option but you can never predict how things go once you get approached, who says they don't stab you? Happened to someone in Helsinki not too long ago, poor man got stabbed, they didn't even bother threatening him, and if it happened in Finland countries like Thailand have a higher risk.

I mentioned about two (2) years ago here that I've never had a problem with anyone anywhere, and I walk all over, sometimes even in the middle of the night, but I am vigilant and cautious with my surroundings, almost to the point that I am actively looking for a target/victim. I'm pretty sure if some criminals are casing me out, they probably think I am the mugger. rof/% smi(&%

Now, I am NOT a small person, but I also carry the following with me:

(1) The Unbreakable Umbrella (I use it all the time when it rains and when it's sunny to block the rays of the sun.)

(2) Depending on the city, this: BULLETPROOF PARAPACTUM

(3) pfefferspray.ch The Swiss security shop (Only where allowed - Can't travel with it by airplane)

(4) TASER Self-Defense | Trusted Less-Lethal Weapons (Only where allowed - Can't travel travel with it by airplane)

(5) Bulletproof Zone (Some of the products = all the time)

(6) Self-Defense Weapons and Tools - Personal Defense Items | BUDK.com (Can't travel with some by airplane)

(7) Amazon.com (Can't travel by airplane, but available everywhere.)

(8) https://www.guns.com/ (Only where allowed - Can't travel with it by airplane) - Also, do NOT worry about the noise ;)

No! I don't care about ANY thief's existence or feelings. He chose my property over his life. It's on him. No sweat off my *ss, and also *NO*! I'm NOT calling anyone, e.g., the popo, to snitch on myself. The best I can do is hide him and flee the country as soon as possible unless I am home; for that, there are solutions, too. Preparations have been made. ;)

Having this peace of mind is so relaxing to me; frankly, "A monkey knows what tree to climb."
Thieves & muggers are looking for victims and NOT for a fight! Right out of the horse's mouth:

Also,

Last edited:
i didn’t know it was that common in Phuket or Thailand in general.

I thought girls sneakily stealing from you was by far more common.

Is it really?

I think it's still not so common in most parts of Thailand. I live in Pattaya for just a few months each year and I've only read about it here in local news pages. Here, it is definitely on the rise.

In less touristic areas such as Rayong , I haven't experienced such things, nor have I read about them in local news groups. The only people that you will see here at 5-6am on the beach at other western people doing some running/exercise.

There have been a lot of necklaces stolen from Indians in Pattaya. I always thought it was an insurance scam, but recently, some perpetrators were arrested.

The girls haven't caused any problems. I always keep valuable belongings in a locked room if I invite someone to my home whom I don't know. In 15 years of visiting Thailand, nothing has been stolen from me by a girl.

I mentioned about two (2) years ago here that I've never had a problem with anyone anywhere, and I walk all over, sometimes even in the middle of the night, but I am vigilant and cautious with my surroundings, almost to the point that I am actively looking for a target/victim. I'm pretty sure if some criminals are casing me out, they probably think I am the mugger. rof/% smi(&%

(1) The Unbreakable Umbrella (I use it all the time when it rains and when it's sunny to block the rays of the sun.)

(3) pfefferspray.ch The Swiss security shop (Only where allowed - Can't travel with it by airplane)

(4) TASER Self-Defense | Trusted Less-Lethal Weapons (Only where allowed - Can't travel travel with it by airplane)

(6) Self-Defense Weapons and Tools - Personal Defense Items | BUDK.com (Can't travel with some by airplane)

(8) https://www.guns.com/ (Only where allowed - Can't travel with it by airplane) - Also, do NOT worry about the noise ;)

No! I don't care about ANY thief's existence or feelings. He chose my property over his life. It's on him. No sweat off my *ss, and also *NO*! I'm NOT calling anyone, e.g., the popo, to snitch on myself. The best I can do is hide him and flee the country as soon as possible unless I am home; for that, there are solutions, too. Preparations have been made. ;)

Having this peace of mind is so relaxing to me; frankly, "A monkey knows what tree to climb."
Thieves & muggers are looking for victims and NOT for a fight! Right out of the horse's mouth:

Also,
Hehe you have your set ready :D.

I visited a kind of army shop yesterday and the sold me Anti-aggression spray American Style NATO green 60 ml. with holster and 2 tasers. A small one and big one. I don’t plan to carry it outside but after this incidents I realize that it’s better to have something in your house.

Last edited:

Also,
Nice list.

I travel carry-on only a lot of the time, so I am somewhat limited, but the torch/flashlight is my number one self-defence tool. I carry it on me at all times: the Warrior Mini 2 Compact, with a crenulated bezel, tail switch, and 1750 lumens. That would be my advice to anyone—carry a decent torch 24/7.

• Love
Reactions: jafo
I saw you the other day:
IMG_2127.jpeg

I carry that on my keys. No problem travelling, hard plastic won't trigger metal detectors.
And if you get the transparent version, then no bystanders won't have seen anything special.
Not a deadly weapon, but better than nothing.
(Had a cat looking one in the past, where the ears where sharp and standing out. But that was too sharp and bloody when used.)

1712742411820.png

• Love
Reactions: jafo and polonieth
I carry that on my keys. No problem travelling, hard plastic won't trigger metal detectors.
And if you get the transparent version, then no bystanders won't have seen anything special.
(Had a cat looking one in the past, where the ears where sharp and standing out. But that was too sharp and bloody when used.)

View attachment 6575
thats a nice one.
The bigger version of it can be used for the rear hole of the attacker ;)

• Love

View attachment 6575
Are you sure this is what you claim to be? smi(&%

• Haha
Reactions: cryptofriendly
Lol, it's no surprise to see people recommend learning combat skills to take on muggers.

I don't disagree with learning how to fight. Boxing is the best choice. Krav maga is useless. But there are no rules on the street, and the vast majority of people are going to have a very bad day. Even if you land a shot at the guy asking for your phone, what do you do when his mate attacks you from behind? The referee isn't going to step in.
Today I did a test lesson in Krav Maga at a gym around here. Wtf the instructor was a cop and the first thing that he teaches me was how you can break someone knee immediately . I must say that he had very good knowledge about fighting and tactics. But this are not tactics that you will use when somebody just try to steal your phone.

He offer me 1 year package. 3 times a week one hour lessons for 50k baht. I am considering to do it .

I was totally broken after one hour. What the hell. I don’t know very much about fight sports but this was heavy hahah. I was actually going for some information and they invited me directly for a test lesson.

• Love
Today I did a test lesson in Krav Maga at a gym around here. Wtf the instructor was a cop and the first thing that he teaches me was how you can break someone knee immediately . I must say that he had very good knowledge about fighting and tactics. But this are not tactics that you will use when somebody just try to steal your phone.

He offer me 1 year package. 3 times a week one hour lessons for 50k baht. I am considering to do it .

I was totally broken after one hour. What the hell. I don’t know very much about fight sports but this was heavy hahah. I was actually going for some information and they invited me directly for a test lesson.
Most fighting sports will do that to you, expect to get an insane level of stamina if you train consistently. This cardio will in turn help you outrun your robber the next time you get pressed somewhere. ;)

Main problem of you guys getting robbed is looking for hookers at 3 am at some shitholes.
rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/%
Correction! At 3 am, we walked back to our abode after walking off (i.e., exercising) the heavy 3-hour dinner we had at 11 pm after going home (at 9:30 pm) and showering to wash off the hookers' stenches of the ménage à trois we had between 7 pm and 9 pm! rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/%

You are forgiven for this oversight, though! Obviously, you are a more pious man than me because if you knew the "industry," you would have known that to catch the "virgin-du-jour," you have to schedule them for 7 p.m. rof/% rof/% smi(&% smi(&% smi(&%

And do boxing and gym of course as a part of this new lifestyle and no one will bug you.
Some of us do! I mentioned before how when I was 6, I witnessed my oldest brother, 21 at the time, attack my middle brother, 18 at the time, because of "words." I asked my father why the big brother attacked the middle brother, and my father stoically responded: "Because the middle brother is NOT Muhammad Ali Cassius Clay!" In those days, Muhammad Ali was still known by both names. I was at West End, a boxing gym near my house, the next day. I haven't stopped boxing since then. I've also been doing powerlifting since high school to aid my boxing punches. But I am NOT going to lie to you... I do NOT want my DNA to get into contact with ANY of these germ-infested thieves/muggers! The final objective is to land a decisive and final blow through a "third party" to the transgressor without my DNA getting into contact with them. I don't want my DNA at the scene of the crime ;) :cool:

View attachment 6575
Found a picture of the cat version, a face won't be the same anymore after a hit with that.

View attachment 6576

Goddamn! I am a WUSS compared to you guys! Holy sh1t! You all go for the k1ll! :oops:

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind​

Si vis pacem, para bellum

;)

Take it! That is a GREAT price! You will definitely benefit from this, and the most important thing is that when you are trained and prepared to use it, you will NEVER need to use it. Your attitude will discourage any would-be attacker! I wrote about my experience in Thailand here: live in asia visa & crypto

Most fighting sports will do that to you, expect to get an insane level of stamina if you train consistently. This cardio will in turn help you outrun your robber the next time you get pressed somewhere. ;)
100%! One gets so tired after a few rounds of "Parry, Slip, Slide, Block, Roll, Bob, and Weave" ;)

Last edited:

Can you get a ED visa with that? Is it in Chiang Mai?

Reactions: Marketint and jafo
A buffed westener with better quality clothes (better quality not designer) is a whole different story. It's a more intimidating look and energy, so I'd suggest you start going to the gym if you already don't, and pay for a personal trainer who knows what they're doing. That's the least you can do, boxing is what I'd really suggest but that's a lot more difficult and many people find that as a reason to not train themselves.
Very true, but as already mentioned here, you can practice martial arts and build an extra 25 KG of muscle on your body, but none of that helps if it's a bullet you have to fight against. Moreover, I myself have been involved in martial arts for a decade and hold some belt grades in Kickboxing and Kung Fu, but still my number one rule is always - RUN as fast as you can and don't look back. Only if you're cornered should you try to fight your way out of the situation.

Call me naive but there are 8bn people out there and by far the vast majority is just trying to get by.
Of course you can influence chances by what you wear or how much attention you attract or how you behave.
But at the end in 99,9999% of cases luckily nothing happens and when it happens it can happen in Madrid, London, NY,...too.

But of course you can still choose a place that might be safer. There are enough interesting options
Safest-Cities-infographics-2023.png

Reactions: kkein and Marketint
Can you get a ED visa with that? Is it in Chiang Mai?
I have been in chon Buri province . This company focuses purely on the sport and not selling ED visas . Beside they have a kind of hotel/overnight camp where people stay 6-8 week to come to Thailand. This is for people that want to follow their food schema en train multiple time a day.

I think that if you want to improve your self defense skills that this is a better choose . If you are just want a ED visa, look at chiang mai. Plenty of schools here that sells ED visa without the need to showing up each time. Walk into a few visa agencies and I am sure somebody can help you.

But be carefully with such things. For example by elite visa you can be rejected as you had a visa by such school in the past. This is easy. Pattaya is flooded by African sexworkers who have mostly ED visa.

Learning to fight is good but you should always try to avoid a street fight at all costs, especially against a mugger who could be armed or have a bunch of friends around.

You will look really stupid getting ready for a fight while the other person pulls a gun.

Looking buffed is good enough for them to search for a weaker target, most of the time. If you've been chosen as a target, especially in Latin America, always assume that they are armed.