Our valued sponsor

Russian President Putin announces military operation in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody explain why USA not stopping Russia??

It's the same as with Georgia. USA use strong words and try to look tough on the world stage, but even if they do care they lack power to do anything about it.

Germany and Hungary need Russia's gas. Gas flow from RU to EU through UA is up >50% since the invasion. EU members are increasing their direct purchases from Russia this week as EU spot prices have increased - and it's flowing through Ukraine.

China, UAE and India abstained from the Security Council draft resolution. There are even reports that the wording was hanged from “condemning in the strongest terms” to “deplores in the strongest terms” to avoid China actually voting against it.

Russia is pivoting gas and wheat sales from Europe to China, which seems not so worried about fungus contamination as they were last year. Pakistan has confirmed more weapons deals with China this week as part of their gradual shift towards the East. Bolsanaro met Putin ten days ago and "prays for peace" instead of condemning the invasion.

USA don't want to hasten half the world moving from SWIFT and USD,GBP,EUR,CAD,AUD,etc to SPFS, CIPS and CNY, RUB, etc.

USA has lost its longstanding hegemony. Which way do India, Brazil, large parts of Africa and Middle East pivot if US really attempts to embargo Russia and therefore her trading partners?

Even NATO or EU not stopping??
Why???
You mean militarily? Why would they? Ukraine is not a part of NATO. The U.S. has no vital strategic national interest in Ukraine.

You mean economically? People do not understand Russia's dominance in many sphere's of the natural resources sector -- and its ability to cripple the world economically in terms of oil, platinum, palladium, neon gas for the manufacturing of semiconductors, etc. The best analysis of these issues that I have seen so far:

Reactions: troubled soul
FMgSjp6WYAAj8aJ.jpg

FMgOf0KXMAE1Ktd.jpg

a comedian who became a leader in an age where leaders everywhere became clowns

The question that nobody's answering though is why has this government insisted for NATO and EU when
- it's obvious that neither EU nor NATO wants them in
- it's obvious what russian response this would have triggered
- The offered alternative of neutrality, looking at how finland did and is doing, seems just like the opportunity of an entire history turned down.

I do buy that over a decade of western propaganda might have created a false sense of nationalism, but given this outcome, the responsibility of the comedian in terms of deaths and destruction is at least as much as that of vlad.

It's also so sad to read the UA ambassador in london first, the comedian after, suggesting for negotiation and acceptance of neutrality in return of non-aggression just to change their mind few hours after. Because we all can imagine what disgusting pressures were behind these changes of mind.

Most Western media articles claim that reports of U.S. biolabs in Ukraine are simply Russian misinformation:

Similar claims were made against Georgia’s Lugar Center for Public Health Research in 2018, according to the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists. Last year, Russia and China began spreading the false claim that the U.S. has biolabs along each of their borders, insinuating that America is responsible for unleashing COVID-19, the Daily Beast reported.

"There has been a Soviet-style disinformation campaign promoting such lies for over a decade," Weber said. "It harkens back to the Soviet KGB ‘Operation Infection’ disinformation campaign to spread the total fabrication that HIV/AIDS originated in a U.S. military lab."

But even if it were true, how does this possibly countervail my claim that Ukraine is not a part of NATO and that the U.S. would never intercede militarily in Ukraine because that the U.S. has no vital strategic national interest there? Biolabs that can be placed almost anywhere in the world do not create a vital national interest. I do not understand your logic.

Last edited:

No idiot of a US president will commit US troops by sending them 1000's of miles away to fight next door to a nuclear armed enemy. There is also nothing in it for them. Ukraine is a worthless country to America. Ukraine's only importance to US is as a thorn in Russia's side. Ukraine troops are surrendering in places without even firing a shot. These are smart soldiers who decided to go home safely to their families rather than fight over nothing for a puppet comedian turn president. Let peace prevail in end.

---- start quote

No national security interests

First of all, Ukraine isn't in America's neighbourhood. It is not located on the US border. Nor does it host a US military base. It does not have strategic oil reserves, and it's not a major trade partner.

---- end quote

I am on nobody side, and I hope for all people this war ends soon! But I think Ukraine could remain neutral and accept the offer to not be a part of NATO like Finland. Presidents should do anything to avoid war. But US is much behind this and after big failure in Afghanistan they needed new warzone. After Ukraine is China vs Taiwan next? I don’t like dictators like Putin, Xi, Lukaschenko, but US politics is not fair too. Look at history Cuban Missile crisis, and imagine if there was still Warsaw pact equal to NATO and Mexico says they want to join and welcome Russian rockets and S400 on their land, we can just imagine how US reaction would be.

I am on nobody side, and I hope for all people this war ends soon! But I think Ukraine could remain neutral and accept the offer to not be a part of NATO like Finland. Presidents should do anything to avoid war. But US is much behind this and after big failure in Afghanistan they needed new warzone. After Ukraine is China vs Taiwan next? I don’t like dictators like Putin, Xi, Lukaschenko, but US politics is not fair too. Look at history Cuban Missile crisis, and imagine if there was still Warsaw pact equal to NATO and Mexico says they want to join and welcome Russian rockets and S400 on their land, we can just imagine how US reaction would be.
I agree. But the irony is that now that Finland and Sweden have seen this Russian invasion, they are now also considering NATO membership. IMO, that would be bad for everyone. There is no need for NATO to expand.

Honestly, I am not sure why anyone would want to include Ukraine in their political sphere. Did no one learn anything from Germany's and the USSR's partition of Poland? You should want a neutral buffer zone between belligerent nations. That way, any invasion acts as a warning and a trip wire while you still have time to mobilize your troops. There should be a buffer between Russia and NATO. As a life-long student of history, this all seems quite bizarre to me.

Of course, in hindsight, we know why Germany and the USSR partitioned Poland. They both wished to attack the other. In fact, Stalin actually started WWII by allowing Germany to attack Poland under treaty. After Germany exhausted itself against the Allies, it was Stalin's plan to sweep across all of Europe. You can read about it here: "The Chief Culprit: Stalin's Grand Design to Start World War II" by Viktor Suvorov, a former Soviet army intelligence officer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Martin Everson
But I think Ukraine could remain neutral and accept the offer to not be a part of NATO like Finland.

This was all that was required. Just stay neutral and let people of Ukraine live their lives in peace.

But the irony is that now that Finland and Sweden have seen this Russian invasion, they are now also considering NATO membership. IMO, that would be bad for everyone.

I doubt they are serious in reality. They probably just got caught up in the American rhetoric of "your either with us or against us" mentality when it comes to Russia. This would make Europe totally unstable for investment and who would benefit.....the US.

There should be a buffer between Russia and NATO.

I think this is all Russia wanted. But yet here we are :confused:.

View attachment 3253
View attachment 3254

a comedian who became a leader in an age where leaders everywhere became clowns
If he really went to the battlefield (?) that would be a stupid and dangerous show. He would be putting his men into danger just to satisfy his own narcissism. Obviously he is not a trained soldier, so there must be someone around him to make sure he is safe at all times, and he becomes a target.
A leader is one who carries on his job and does whatever possible to ensure that his people are safe. The job of a president is not to play soldier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads