Our valued sponsor

Sales Revenue Volume that Triggers Paypal Verification

dohongnam

Apr 24, 2019
Visit site
After a lot of unsuccessful searches for a card processor that would accept my business, I have decided to give up on that quest and open up to the idea of having about 100 paypal accounts each alternately receives card payments until a certain sales revenue volume is reached and then stop there for the month. My question is does anyone know the specific sales volume that will trigger Paypal document verification? Is it $500/month or $1000/month? Maybe even $1500/month?

Reactions: beliz101
After a lot of unsuccessful searches for a card processor that would accept my business, I have decided to give up on that quest and open up to the idea of having about 100 paypal accounts each alternately receives card payments until a certain sales revenue volume is reached and then stop there for the month. My question is does anyone know the specific sales volume that will trigger Paypal document verification? Is it $500/month or $1000/month? Maybe even $1500/month?

HEY BRO,

FIRST OF ALL WHAT TYPE OF CATEGORY YOUR BUSINESS FALL INTO?

Paypal will do first tier verification at $2500 total revenue.
They will not take away your ability to receive funds, they will however remove ur ability to send / withdraw funds. You'll still have the ability to refund.
At this stage they'll ask you to link your Creditcard and in most cases verify u'r identity again or for the first time. They might also ask for proof of residency (utility bill).

Paypal will do second tier verification at $10.000 total revenue
They will not take away your ability to receive funds, they will however remove ur ability to send / withdraw funds. You'll still have the ability to refund.
At this stage they'll ask you to link a bank account, ask details about source of funds coming in, ask basic details about your business and they might reask you to verify your identity

Keep in mind Paypal also has the 30 day hold limit where funds get put "on hold" in your account for 30 days and you can't spend / withdraw these funds. The limit is mostly lifted after 3 months.
Very important that new Paypal accounts will quickly notice that accepting huge revenue is pointless.
If you for example receive a $500 payment, that's all good but you wont be able to send payments to other Paypal account for the first few weeks. Only being able to send really small amounts every few days.

Reactions: pedroff
Wow thanks for the really detailed answer @RSGM , I think the really safe amount for the first 60 days is $50/day to maybe $90/day.
I wouldn't count on it in days. Once you reach the $2500 mark in total revenue you'll have to pass first tier verification.
The second tier i'm not sure that it's 10K. I'm guessing it's depending on country of the Paypal registered resident because i've heard people say the second tier they had to do at 25K, some at 8K, some even only at 50K but the first tier will always be done at $2500.
It doesn't matter how long it takes you to get to $2500 revenue but whenever you get there, you'll have to do first tier verification.

Hi Guys, I am also using the same system to receive money in a high risk store.

I receive payments with the formula "for friends and family", I change accounts daily and through Revolut I generate a new virtual card to which to connect the Paypal account.

The real problem is that when I receive Paypal payments I don't always have them transferred immediately. 90% of the time, when I try to make a transfer to my card I receive generic errors, for example "due to a technical error we are unable to process your request, please try again later".

How do you manage the money you receive on your paypal account?

Hi Guys, I am also using the same system to receive money in a high risk store.

I receive payments with the formula "for friends and family", I change accounts daily and through Revolut I generate a new virtual card to which to connect the Paypal account.

The real problem is that when I receive Paypal payments I don't always have them transferred immediately. 90% of the time, when I try to make a transfer to my card I receive generic errors, for example "due to a technical error we are unable to process your request, please try again later".

How do you manage the money you receive on your paypal account?
That's an error you get because ur paypal is new. Paypal the first few months will strongly restrict your outgoing payment flow.

• Love
Reactions: Bufus777
So the solution is to make new accounts as soon as you receive incoming money for 2000 - 2300 dollars.
And calmly withdraw the money as soon as Paypal allows?
If you have the option to do so, yes.
If you can spread it over multiple Paypal account.
After a couple of months if Paypal sees you don't get any complaints / chargebacks in they will let you send out money easier and eventually without restrictions.

actually now , i use this method to sell my product , but i am always struggling with the withdraw

can you please share with me how you withdraw your paypal account , what EMI you use to withdraw it ? especially now i am with the third account

H
I am in the testing phase.
So far it is going well.

Paypal makes withdrawals difficult the first 30 days.

Please note that I use Paypal as a residual channel for only customers who would like to pay by credit card. I never collect more than 1500 euros on each new account and I try to split customer payments into 3-4 different Paypal accounts.

It is very cumbersome and a person who only deals with that will be needed. But depending on your business it can be convenient.

Latest Threads