Our valued sponsor

Salvador offers citizenship to 5,000 highly skilled foreigners

Why would you want to move to a dictatorship anyway? Oh right I forgot it's run by a benevolent dictator, such a clear cut concept:
Because this 'dictatorship' has a clear vision, has a proven track record and is willing to invest to attract top talent from all over the world. Unlike some 'democracies' that abuse their skilled workers and strip them off their hard earned wealth without it benefiting society.

Reactions: polonieth and void
Why would you want to move to a dictatorship anyway? Oh right I forgot it's run by a benevolent dictator, such a clear cut concept:

Bukele, thje "worlds coolest dictator" is "a threat to our democracy", as every Western media outlet will tell you.

It's unreal how some people live in an alternate world; they've bought into the inversion narrative pushed by neo-Marxist globalists, whose ideology is to destroy corporate America / the West.

Reactions: sriracha
Damn! I didn't know this!
Can't judge you for not staying up to date with El Salvador tax laws. After all the news is not even a month old :)

This legal reform is effective as of 22 March 2024

• Haha
Reactions: alain and jafo
Can't judge you for not staying up to date with El Salvador tax laws. After all the news is not even a month old :)

This legal reform is effective as of 22 March 2024
smi(&% Well, to be fair, El Salvador has NEVER been on my radar. I personally prefer a more "conservative" & less emotional society. That's why UAE was appealing to me...until the uncertainty of the 9% was something I couldn't live with. If it was just a 9% tax, then I have no problem. My problem is dealing with "other" people to pay that 9%. I can't and won't do that! stupi#21

The question is: Why? Why would anyone do this to themselves and their society? :rolleyes:

I suppose you want the practical reasons that make this system work today, and that is transforming whole countries into obedient tax farms so that the elites can implement their ideas of how the world should be (check Yuval Noah Harari for reference).
The "people" in the "music" video were put there to keep you in check in case you had different ideas about how your neighborhood should be and the things you can say in public.

As to the philosophical reasons...you can start by checking out Peter Turchin's "overproduction of elites". In a nutshell, technological progress makes it possible for the creation of larger and larger "lesser elites", that would have not been elites in the past. Before Gutenberg, a book cost as much as a house, because it had to be copied by hand. Today, you can read anything you want on a 100euro telephone. People that rose into the ranks of elites in the past had to have a range of skills, motivation and wisdom that made them extraordinary, since access to knowledge was so limited.
Today, you have armies of MBAs thinking they are the next Steve Jobs because they have a piece of paper with a stamp on it, armies of philosophy graduates thinking they are the next Platos.
When society fails to push them into the real elite (in their minds - they were never real elites) they gather in roving armies of desperados, attacking the status quo with the weapons of cultural Marxism, for two reasons: first, the existing (real) elites of the Left give them another piece of paper, one with "exemplar citizen" written on it, and second, they hope they will be given a piece of the pie after the current system goes down and another system is put in place.
They will not be given a piece of the pie - they will be executed or sent to labor camps (check out the story of the Soviet Union) but they are not smart enough to know that.
In the meantime, we get to endure these idiots who believe in COVID and Greenpeace preaching about their "original ideas" and (here in Europe) climbing the ranks of the European Union. Check out Nigel Farage speeches to those imbeciles when he was in the European Parliament.

Reactions: jafo and 0xDEADBEEF
I suppose you want the practical reasons that make this system work today, and that is transforming whole countries into obedient tax farms so that the elites can implement their ideas of how the world should be (check Yuval Noah Harari for reference).
The "people" in the "music" video were put there to keep you in check in case you had different ideas about how your neighborhood should be and the things you can say in public.
link to the video you refer to?

Reactions: jafo

FYI, El Salvador is not a dictatorship, but a democracy.

No need to reply, its ok.

FYI, El Salvador is not a dictatorship, but a democracy.

No need to reply, its ok.

We won't come to an agreement on that so let's talk about facts instead.

So El Salvador in a couple of months went from selling citizenships for 1 million US dollars to give them away for free like hot potatoes.
El Salvador zealots tout on social medias how great the country is doing while in the backstage it's begging the IMF for a bailout.
And what is exactly El Salvador proposition to foreigners? "You won't get killed by gangs anymore (as long as they stay in jail anyway) and we do Bitcoin things. And we are not even a full blown tax heaven)". Not nearly enough incentives in my opinion.

I don't blame them for trying to crawl out of their hole but please don't sell it to me as the next revolutionnary big thing. Just another nation state slowly drowning and trying to stay relevant. Marketing gimmicks only get you so far in the real world.

Reactions: vehzag and jafo

So El Salvador in a couple of months went from selling citizenships for 1 million US dollars to give them away for free like hot potatoes.
El Salvador zealots tout on social medias how great the country is doing while in the backstage it's begging the IMF for a bailout.
And what is exactly El Salvador proposition to foreigners? "You won't get killed by gangs anymore (as long as they stay in jail anyway) and we do Bitcoin things. And we are not even a full blown tax heaven)". Not nearly enough incentives in my opinion.

I don't blame them for trying to crawl out of their hole but please don't sell it to me as the next revolutionnary big thing. Just another nation state slowly drowning and trying to stay relevant. Marketing gimmicks only get you so far in the real world.
When did this forum turn communist?

theres no need to come to an agreement lol, Bukele was democratically elected end of story

Quite different procedure tho, they are giving 5k for free to skilled people (which they need imo, as their population is not highly educated) whereas the first option is a CBI scheme.

Both things are simultaneously true; they are still turbo broke but now you can walk alone at night. A country (and anything, really) can be doing ok/better in some areas while lacking in others.

Indeed, Im not (at all) defending ES as the land of milk and honey. I just said its not a dictatorship, but a democracy.

Ivent tho.

=====

idk if bad at debating or just low iq dead:-!, time will tell us.

the problem is that the skilled (young) people who are looking for opportunities to use their potential are rarely interested in citizenship (they don't know it's useful yet) and those who want the passport are not interested in living there permanently or most of the year and be (locally) productive... just my angle of view

the problem is that the skilled (young) people who are looking for opportunities to use their potential are rarely interested in citizenship (they don't know it's useful yet) and those who want the passport are not interested in living there permanently or most of the year and be (locally) productive... just my angle of view
My personal experience...
Two things:

(1) I was ALWAYS interested in several passports at a very young age. Probably around 12, but that is because my parents and grandparents taught me to diversify my "survival rate" in case of a War or major wealth seizure. Grandparents went through it in WWI, and parents in WWII.

(2) I can only speak as a young teenage male with European passports looking for less "selective, willing, and loose" ladies; Latin America was the place for me in the '80s and '90s. rof/% smi(&%

I was NOT looking to deal with SUPER conservative Dutch, German, British, Italian, Portuguese, French, etc., ladies looking for HALF my money smi(&% rof/% ... I still remember Eddie Murphy spitting that truth out while I was in college in the US

#Shout-out and #mad-respects to Eddie for waking me the f*ck up ;) :cool:

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF

And I also forgot the part where El Salvador did let its entire population get doxxed via the incentivized registration to the custodial Bitcoin Chivo wallet, or how to do crypto completely wrong...:

And I also forgot the part where El Salvador did let its entire population get doxxed via the incentivized registration to the custodial Bitcoin Chivo wallet, or how to do crypto completely wrong...:

well, of course they fucked up many things and they will all over again, states can't do anything right because of twisted incentives, but more freedom is better than less freedom, that's a fact....

Reactions: vehzag and jafo