Our valued sponsor

Scotiabank Online Bahamas - Please Read need help

jorge

Corporate Services
Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So I came across the Scotiabank Online in the Bahamas and was considering to open an account with them because they are one of the largest banks in the Bahamas.

Scotiabank has been awarded three times the last years to be the best consumer bank in the Bahamas this must grant for high-quality customer service and great support if any issues.

Now before I'm going to apply for an account with them, then I would like to know a little more about their Internet banking and Debit Card if they have such.

scotia online bahamas.png

Does someone already bank with them, if so how was the approval process can you explain a little about the requirements, what documents you had to provide and how long it took to get approved for an account there?

2nd question, do they have any limitations on what business they accept i.e. adult etc. or if they only accept mainstream business?

I'm interested in the business-basic account I only need to receive funds from my customers and into this bank account. I want to keep my money there if possible.

I can't find anywhere what countries they accept and if they accept foreign customers. I assume they do since I have read here and there that people are banking with them online from overseas.

scotia-bank-bahamas.png

I also read that they comply to FATCA, so this must mean they are accepting foreign customers and open foreign accounts.
Check out this link Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act | Scotiabank

However, I could be wrong and for that reason, I really would need your input about this bank.

Thanks for any help and input.

It's one of the greatest bank around I have already done my research and send them a ticket. I'm also not sure if they really accept foreigners or if you have to use a introducer or what it takes to get approved and an offshore account with them.

I read about Scotiabank on other forum and they say they are a good bank for personal banking but require personal visit if you apply with company, do you think this is true? I have send e-mail to the bank asking for what requirements but waiting now for answer.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Great choice to contact them, they seems actually to be a well known bank for offshore companies.

I contacted scotia bank by ticket today to ask what they can help me with and if they accept foreigners and offshore company.
did you had any luck to get an account with Scortia bank for a foreign company?

Reactions: burden
Scotiabank is also named a few times on the forum, I also read about them again here

I read them as a street bank?