Our valued sponsor

Second passport

I red all posts here. The most of members are not right. Please, do not trust all those bullshits which you can find on goggle search results. Here is reality in countries, which I found mentioned in this discussion...

Comoros:
Absolutely unstable political situation. Program does not have a support in constitution. Citizenships bases on their program can be cancelled anytime.
Passport is not worth that money. You can add 20K and you can have a passport from some respected carribean nation.
I do not believe, there is any real swerious bank in a world, whcih will open bank account for soeone with passport from Comoros.

Vanuatu:
Good and reliable. But you have to donate (they call it investment, what it is not) few hundred thousand USD.

Chile:
You have to live within country at least 183 days in a first year - temporary residency. And at least 90 days per year in next 4 years.
After 5 years of total time of being a resident of Chile, you have to pass exam from spanish language, hitory, geography and culture.
And you have to show as many proofs of strong country ties as you can.
If you have lived in Chile enough time - 5 years or more, passed exam and if you can provide proof of strong ties to the country, naturalization takes 9-12 months.
Chile taxes global income. So be prepared to pay income tax from all your worldwide income in Chiel from the first day of your residency.
Just having a paper residency will be not enough.

Urugyay:
You have to live there at least 183 days a year for 3 years if you are married or if you have a child immigrating with you. If you are single, you have to live there at least 183 days every year for 5 years.
You have to pass exam on spanish, history an culture.
You have to show proof of extremely stong ties to the country.
Naturalization takes 1 year. Naturalization decision is issued by the judge. Who will have interview with you and will determine if you are totaly integrated in their society or not.
Paper residency just does not work.

Paraguay:
You have to live there at least 183 days a year for 3 years. You have to have active taxable source of income within paraguay and pay at least some taxes.
You have to pass exam on spanish, history an culture.
Naturalization takes up to 2 years. Naturalization decision is issued by the judge. Interview is just formality.

Nicaragua:
You have to invest at least 30K USD.
You have to live there at least 183 days a year for 3 years.
Naturalization takes up to 1 year.

Panama:
If you just want to keep residence permit valid, you have to spend in Panama just 1 day every 2 years. But if you want to be a naturalized citizen after some time, you have to spend some "reasonable time" in a country every year for at least 5 years. Law does not say what is it "reasonable time" but in reality it is at least 60 to 90 days.
You have to pass exam in spanish language about history, georgraphy, culture, law system.
You have to pass interview with local administrator. You have to pass interview with a judge. Both will consider if you are fully integrated within their society.
You have to have at least 2 adult panamian witnesses who will be interviewed by the judge and they has to confirm that thay know you at least 5 years, that you are fully integrated and that you lived really reasonable time within country every year.
Naturalization takes 7-10 years after application is filled. President has to file decree of naturalization. President does not have a time limit to to that. The most naturalization applications are just sitting somewhere on a table and is not signer for many years. If you do not have real connections, your application does not have to be signed ever.

Brazil:
You have to have a child or wife or husband who is citizen of Brazil or you have to invest 200K USD. You have to live in Brazil 183 days for at least 3 years.
You have to pass exam on portugeese language.
You have to pass exam on history, geography and culture.
Naturalization takes 1-2 years after application is filled.

As you can see, the most of countries which were very openned to foreigners, changed their rules. It it not so easy to obtain citizenship (out of those which you can buy directly)

You can buy citizenship directly in some countries: Dominica, St. Lucia, Vanuatu, St. Kitts and Nevis.
Malta, Cyprus and Hungary and Montenegro closed their programs. EU pressure was too strong.

One very good based program on real investment is Turkey (not donation masked by word investment). You invest 250K in real estate and you can apply for citizenship immediately.

There are only few countries where you can obtain citizenship based on a paper residency.

One of them is Colombia. But you have to be a resident for 10 years. You have to spend there at least 1 day every year. No one knows if they will not change their rules in next 10 years.

Second one is Armenia. You have to invest at least 30K USD. You have to spend there 3-4 weeks when obtaiing a residence permit. And you have to spend 1 week there every other year. You can apply for citizenship after 3 years.
Law requires you to be fluent in armenian language - you have to pass a test about basics of their constitutional system. Test is in armenian language. But they accept if you bring a translator with you. In reality they just does not enforce condition of understanding armenian language.

There are some other options in a world. Some countries will give you a citizenship just base on "being important" for the country. Or make a "reasonable contribution to the country". This requires to have a connection with right people within country. Citizenship is usualy granted by presidential decree.
I know at least about 3 countries, where it is possible. Just base on experience. I believe, there are more, but I have experience with three only.

The most of countries requires every person who want to be naturalized to spend most of their time in a country.

Countries by number of years of residency (just years when you spend at least 183 days a year in a country counts) till possibility to file naturalization application:

Peru 2 years
Argentina 2 years
Bolicia 3 years
Ecuador 3 years
Honduras 3 years
Brazil 3 years
Uruguay 3 (having child or wife or husband there) / 5 years (single)
Canada 4 years
Malta 4 (citizens of other EU countries) / 5 years
USA 5 years
Chile 5 years
Russia 5 years
Guatemala 5 years
Mexico 5 years
Belgium 5 years
United Kingdom 5 years
Austria 5 years
Costa Rica 7 years
El Salvador 7 years
Czech republic 8 years
Frace 8 years
Poland 8 years
Italy 12 years
Slovakia 12 years
Switzerland 12 years
Singapore 13 years

I do not write all of them. Just a few. If you are interested in any other country, just ask. I will try to answer.

If you are looking for so called "banking" passport, just travel to some poor african country, pay bribe to the official who can type your data into their citizens database and you can have a passport cheap and fast. I believe, that 5K in Nigeria or Somalia will be enough to be "added" to their database of citizens. There are many offices who just register a peole who never had any ID, never had been registered anywhere.. And you can choose your date of birth, place of birts, name.. But I do not know any bank who will accept citizen of poor third world country as a client. Maybe some african bank. The strongest african passport, which you can obtain this way is from Kenya. But be ready for very unstable security situation in all of this counstries. Expecialy if you show you have some cash..
This was a nice Post. I like
Paraguay papers may be working depends how good talker you are. So Paraguay cheapest method if people enjoy a hassle.

Dominica I think is of the best as passports can’t be rewoken and you get free Schengen (Chinese , Russians welcome to EU)

This was a nice Post. I like
Paraguay papers may be working depends how good talker you are. So Paraguay cheapest method if people enjoy a hassle.

Dominica I think is of the best as passports can’t be rewoken and you get free Schengen (Chinese , Russians welcome to EU)
Paraguay will work just in case if you are willing to live there at least 183 days per year. Years when you do not live there set amount of days, does not count towards naturalization time limit.

Dominica passport can be revoked. There are many criminals who had they citizenships revoked.

Paraguay will work just in case if you are willing to live there at least 183 days per year. Years when you do not live there set amount of days, does not count towards naturalization time limit.

Dominica passport can be revoked. There are many criminals who had they citizenships revoked.
Living in paraguay for 183 days a year is already quite a challenge. Unless you really really do like it.

Reactions: Davis123
Yes he is living in Paraguay for past 9 years but no Py passport as of yet. No taxes on his offshore income as Py does not tax offshore income.
Paraguay naturalization takes 18 months in average if you have fulfilled all the conditions. Just living in Paraguay does not mean, you have fulfilled all conditions. One of cinditions is to study, work, or make business within Paraguay for at least 3 years. Working or doing a business in Paraguay means, there is a taxable activity. Judge will ask to see a tax reports for at least 3 years.. If your friend just lives there and having a foreign source income and pays no tax in Paraguay, he will never become paraguayan. If someone want to be naturalized, it is necessary to fulfill everyone condition. And this condition are stated in a law exactly. Naturalization decision is issued by the judge. And judge will exemine fulfilling of each condition. I know many people who believed, that just living in Paraguay will be enough to be naturalized. And they were false. If someone want to become paraguayan, you have to at least register as a sole proprietor, have accounts showwing having some customers in Paraguay and pay at least some small tax each year. If you do not pay any taxes in Paraguay, you are considered not to be contributing to the community.

Problem is with all those offshore resellers, who just declares, you can come to Paraguay, deposit few thousand dollars in a bank account, obtain a permanent residence permit, leave and come after 3 years and apply for naturalization. They are just selling you a non existing dream.

So, to be able to be naturalized in Paraguay, you have to:

1. Spend in Paraguay 183 days per year for at least 3 years.

2. Beeing a student of university or sole proprietor or worker ro business man having a legal activities within Paraguay for at least 3 years. If you are not a student, you will have to be employed or be doing a business in Paraguay and pay at least some taxes.

3. Have a clean criminal record in Paraguay, in country of citizenship, and in all countries where you spent at least 90 days in last 10 years.

4. Be fluent in spanish. You have to pass a test in spanish language about country geography, history, culture..

5. Be fully integrated into society - you have to have a doctor within a country and you have to have a slips for at least 1 preventive visit of your medicine doctor every year. You have to be a member of business clubs - you will be not accepted by any if you do not live there..

6. Have enought wealth to support you and your family

And some other conditions..

As you can see, just living in a country for a 3 years is not enough. You have to have a legal taxable activity within Paraguay, liver there, be member of business clubs, country clubs etc.. Have a medicine doctor there visitin him oce a year etc..

Judge will ask you for as many papers to examine your ties to the country, you can forget to be naturalized if Paraguay is not a place which you can call to be yout ONLY HOME IN A WORLD.

Reactions: Davis123
Paraguay naturalization takes 18 months in average if you have fulfilled all the conditions. Just living in Paraguay does not mean, you have fulfilled all conditions. One of cinditions is to study, work, or make business within Paraguay for at least 3 years. Working or doing a business in Paraguay means, there is a taxable activity. Judge will ask to see a tax reports for at least 3 years.. If your friend just lives there and having a foreign source income and pays no tax in Paraguay, he will never become paraguayan. If someone want to be naturalized, it is necessary to fulfill everyone condition. And this condition are stated in a law exactly. Naturalization decision is issued by the judge. And judge will exemine fulfilling of each condition. I know many people who believed, that just living in Paraguay will be enough to be naturalized. And they were false. If someone want to become paraguayan, you have to at least register as a sole proprietor, have accounts showwing having some customers in Paraguay and pay at least some small tax each year. If you do not pay any taxes in Paraguay, you are considered not to be contributing to the community.

Problem is with all those offshore resellers, who just declares, you can come to Paraguay, deposit few thousand dollars in a bank account, obtain a permanent residence permit, leave and come after 3 years and apply for naturalization. They are just selling you a non existing dream.

So, to be able to be naturalized in Paraguay, you have to:

1. Spend in Paraguay 183 days per year for at least 3 years.

2. Beeing a student of university or sole proprietor or worker ro business man having a legal activities within Paraguay for at least 3 years. If you are not a student, you will have to be employed or be doing a business in Paraguay and pay at least some taxes.

3. Have a clean criminal record in Paraguay, in country of citizenship, and in all countries where you spent at least 90 days in last 10 years.

4. Be fluent in spanish. You have to pass a test in spanish language about country geography, history, culture..

5. Be fully integrated into society - you have to have a doctor within a country and you have to have a slips for at least 1 preventive visit of your medicine doctor every year. You have to be a member of business clubs - you will be not accepted by any if you do not live there..

6. Have enought wealth to support you and your family

And some other conditions..

As you can see, just living in a country for a 3 years is not enough. You have to have a legal taxable activity within Paraguay, liver there, be member of business clubs, country clubs etc.. Have a medicine doctor there visitin him oce a year etc..

Judge will ask you for as many papers to examine your ties to the country, you can forget to be naturalized if Paraguay is not a place which you can call to be yout ONLY HOME IN A WORLD.
Dude he has been living there for 9 years and has a small Py business on the side that his Paraguayan wife runs mostly in Asuncion to justify his presence there and pay local taxes . Still no Paraguayan citizenship as of yet.

Dude he has been living there for 9 years and has a small Py business on the side that his Paraguayan wife runs mostly in Asuncion to justify his presence there and pay local taxes . Still no Paraguayan citizenship as of yet.
Does he has a clean criminal record in country of his citizenship and previous residence? Based on my experience, it it takes so long, there has to be some problem. The usual naturalization time is 18 months after application is filled.

Does he has a clean criminal record in country of his citizenship and previous residence? Based on my experience, it it takes so long, there has to be some problem. The usual naturalization time is 18 months after application is filled.
Yes he has a clean record. No problems whatsoever. He has no problems with his Paraguayan wife either. They are happy together but he wants to move out of Paraguay to Dubai or KL.

He shall hire some good lawyer. No case takes so long time in Paraguay. I am not sure, if your friend told you the exact truth about his situation..
He knows other cases like him in the pipeline too as per his lawyer. We had both gone to Py years ago together but I left as I didn't find Py attractive enough to move there. Later Bettina Mueller got arrested and all the bad press about Py suddenly hit the news. :).

He knows other cases like him in the pipeline too as per his lawyer. We had both gone to Py years ago together but I left as I didn't find Py attractive enough to move there. Later Bettina Mueller got arrested and all the bad press about Py suddenly hit the news. :).
So the answer is exact: Clients of the same lawyer are waiting years and years and years. In situation when others do not. He shall change a lawyer.

So the answer is exact: Clients of the same lawyer are waiting years and years and years. In situation when others do not. He shall change a lawyer.
Well Py has slowed down the citizenship process due to such cases like Bettina abusing their laws. It's not simply just one lawyer but several lawyers who are having issues with the process. That is why I was advising earlier people to only use Py as a quick residency if they wish to acquire but forget about its citizenship as it's not an easy process anymore.

Well Py has slowed down the citizenship process due to such cases like Bettina abusing their laws. It's not simply just one lawyer but several lawyers who are having issues with the process. That is why I was advising earlier people to only use Py as a quick residency if they wish to acquire but forget about its citizenship as it's not an easy process anymore.
I agree. Py is much slowlier that it was. But it does not take as long time as your friend experiences. The fastest in latin america are Peru and Ecuador, now. (In case if you have fulfilled all set conditions)

I agree. Py is much slowlier that it was. But it does not take as long time as your friend experiences. The fastest in latin america are Peru and Ecuador, now. (In case if you have fulfilled all set conditions)
Paraguay is something that Andrew Henderson specifically talked about a day ago too.
. Too much of a good thing was ruined by everyone interested in getting its citizenship from Boston to Bangalore. I remembered a lot of inquires on qwealth page too years ago about Py as the best cheap and quickest citizenship programs and there were literally thousands of messages per day from folks from all over the world from people wanting to get its citizenship. ;). Most of them were interested in getting it to travel to western countries visa free and simply live there.

I spoke with a couple of lawyers in Paraguay last year and they need some serious cash to "incentivize" the judges who need to sign off to get your citizenship. I did meet one guy who got it a few years back and he was telling me the whole thing is a scam, nobody gets it anymore. From his story, he had some important people help get the signature he needed. Just what I was told, I can't verify the details.

I spoke with a couple of lawyers in Paraguay last year and they need some serious cash to "incentivize" the judges who need to sign off to get your citizenship. I did meet one guy who got it a few years back and he was telling me the whole thing is a scam, nobody gets it anymore. From his story, he had some important people help get the signature he needed. Just what I was told, I can't verify the details.
That is exactly right. The one person I know who received a Paraguayan citizenship (about five years ago) hired a lawyer with political connections to the judiciary, and a significant portion of the money paid to the attorney was doled out to the judges who approve the citizenship application. The process still took several years (after the obligatory three-year residency period). It is not easy, but it is possible with the right connections.

A little known fact is that U.S., Canadian, and European citizenship applicants are preferred -- and almost no citizenship applications are approved for people from the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.

Latest Threads