Our valued sponsor

Second passport

howyoudoin

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
Since I don't have any local obligations, I don't mind living in a new country for a few years to get a new citizenship & passport.

I heard of freelance and startup visas. It shouldn't take much work to follow that path, right?

It seems the main problem is waiting. Some countries like Switzerland makes you wait for 12 years. That's too big of a commitment. Do you know any easier alternatives?

PS. I don't need a strong passport. Its just a hedge. A tiny country from Asia or Europe or South America can work out just fine.

Reactions: erni
Since I don't have any local obligations, I don't mind living in a new country for a few years to get a new citizenship & passport.

I heard of freelance and startup visas. It shouldn't take much work to follow that path, right?

It seems the main problem is waiting. Some countries like Switzerland makes you wait for 12 years. That's too big of a commitment. Do you know any easier alternatives?

PS. I don't need a strong passport. Its just a hedge. A tiny country from Asia or Europe or South America can work out just fine.
With regards shorter time frames on average towards acquiring a second citizenship look into
The caribbean nations ie St lucia,bahamas,st kitts &Nevis,Barbados,antigua&barbuda...etc
as listed you could obtain a second passport either through direct investments,grants/donations within a 3year span once you have carried out payments..the cost range from 120,000€-500,000€ on a case by case inrelation to each countries needs,requirements,legal costs etc...its a worthwhile investment...Strongly recommend you travel out there physically and get into the nitty Gritty...cig-:,cof%¤#

Cant speak much for South american or EU countries atm..

By the way Welcome to the OCT...All Aboard...thu&¤#:cool:

Reactions: Strudel
Check out Nicaragua, getting a dirt cheap property there seems to give you PR, then visiting once a year only can lead to a passport in 2 years.

NOT sure of all those details, just seen people talking about it!

Also some states will probably run into serious problems with liquidity this year, so there might be an opening that is affordable somewhere...

You can get a Vanuatu passport in 2 months for about 160K.
Comoros for about 80K

Did not the Comoros option collapse?

Hear that their agent in Dubai went rogue, that they then tried to revoke passports sold by them, but got enough pushback to let those that had bought one keep it.

IF its still up & running interesting for sure!

You can get a Vanuatu passport in 2 months for about 160K.
Comoros for about 80K
Are you sure about Comoros ? I think it's withdrawn already due to a lot of corruption. Maybe it's an illegal off the records program but not officially anymore. If you have updated info plz let us all know. I know Vanutua is official and offers many visa free countries.

Reactions: Marc Rich
Hurray how I love the inflation. ;)
I still like the idea of having a backwater passport from a place very few even know exists.
They realised they could get more even though its not great.
Are you sure about Comoros ? I think it's withdrawn already due to a lot of corruption. Maybe it's an illegal off the records program but not officially anymore. If you have updated info plz let us all know. I know Vanutua is official and offers many visa free countries.
100% there are only 2 agents who can do it and you either make a contribution which is the quickest way or you invest in a program of island rehabilitation which can take upto 2 years.

Just as a banking passport it could be great, especially if pulling some tiny tricks around name changes on your original one once getting it - in Norway that can actually be done online ;-)

St. Vincent and Grenadines might start offering citizenship too, depending on the next election as I read somewhere - lets hope that coincides with the greatest depression reaching their shores too... Add inflation and I'll use my 235 ounces of silver for a passport instead of the planned cabin out in nowhere!

Latest Threads