Our valued sponsor

Secure chat to replace wickr

Agree, has been working fine for us for some time. We have been using it for corporate clients for a faster chat.

Reactions: Simon4466
Regarding the XMPP chat, wouldn't that just add another attack vector as you would need to host your own server somewhere?
Using XMPP gives you the opportunity to be responsible for yourself. You need to maintain your server and choose the location wisely. But you can also access quite a few public servers, if you keep a low profile there are no problems. And if you need it very secure in general, just use a PGP manager like Cleopatra and you can write emails in peace again.

Reactions: jafo
One person asked me to use XMPP chat and it looked like it was created 20 years ago,terrible user experience and crappy design, why would anybody use it ? I think only serious criminals, what's the point for normal person? I wouldn't use whatsapp / facebook either for business but telegram/singal is enough, quite safe and popular. Wearing bulletproof vest everyday is good comparison to using these crappy apps.

• Haha
Reactions: 0cca and jafo
One person asked me to use XMPP chat and it looked like it was created 20 years ago,terrible user experience and crappy design, why would anybody use it ? I think only serious criminals, what's the point for normal person? I wouldn't use whatsapp / facebook either for business but telegram/singal is enough, quite safe and popular. Wearing bulletproof vest everyday is good comparison to using these crappy apps.
XMPP is just a protocol to transmit the messages, the messaging app can be modern or old depending on which one you choose, there are plenty of options :)

You can think about it the same way as email works, you can use Outlook, Apple Mail or Thunderbird as a client.

Reactions: 0cca and jafo
Haha, you made me lough. I understand your thought, but it's not like that. It's just like Microsoft Teams, but without the calls and all that. It's privacy oriented. If you don't want to share your data with Bill or Zuckerburg, no matter if someone reads it or in what kind of algorithm it is processed... then get that old school feeling, and start a chat over XMPP... it's cool.

Reactions: jafo