Our valued sponsor

Secure email hosting provider?

JustAnotherNomad

Pro Member
Oct 18, 2019
Visit site
Can somebody recommend a good email hosting provider in a jurisdiction where it's difficult to make them hand over the mailbox contents? Ideally they would let me change my MX records to use their MTA without transferring the domain to them. Good spam protection is a plus.
I've heard good things about Icelandic Web Hosting with Free Speech | OrangeWebsite - but I didn't find their support that great when I asked them if they could let me keep the domain at a different provider and only use them for email hosting.
Any other suggestions?
Anonymity is not so important. I just want to make it harder to get access to my email contents. Zero-knowledge encrypted inbox storage would be ideal.

Orange actually told me they could do it, but their support wasn't very friendly and it took several emails back and forth to make them understand what I want. Not exactly what I'd expect from a hoster.

Do you have any experience with 1984?

Protonmail has been working very well for most of us here on the forum and protects your rights, at least as what we know about.

Reactions: John Andrews
Ah, right, I remember trying that out, but I didn't like it because there was no IMAP option. (Yes, I understand why, but still.)
You can use the official Protonmail-Bridge (available for Windows, Linux and MacOS).
It acts as a gateway on your local PC and provides IMAP and SMTP for you locally.

I am not sure, if the bridge is also working for free users or if you have to use a payed plan.
By the way, usually there are great offers for ProtonMail on Black Friday, if you plan to upgrade. ;)

You can try tutanota , true anonymous account as you don't need to give your phone no for code or email , proton mail uses it.. only as hash but still...

If you use say Nord VPN from day 1 while opening tutanota and keep using VPN then chances someone connects it to you are almost zero...

Further more tutanota encypts subject line as well and there's an app for Android on fdroid , means you don't even need to dl the app o se Google services...

Plus if you want premium , it's like 12€ per year and if I'm not mistaken you can use btc to pay...

You should have included this information in your first link so people not known to TOR actually understand what it is.

Thanks for the share.

Latest Threads