Our valued sponsor

Secure smartphone, untraceable?

Buy a Google phone (one of their Nexus/Pixel ones). Then flush the os and install LineageOS on it (LineageOS – LineageOS Android Distribution), I think this is the best method to have a somewhat secure phone whilst not giving all your data / rights to another third party you cannot oversee / control (as mentioned, Anom/Enchro etc.). LineageOS is at least open source and secure so that might be nice.

Reactions: Kato
You use a phone which has Wifi and GOS sensors removed or disabled. You use a SIM that uses multiple IMEI / IMSI / PLMN with switching. These technologies do exist. Nothing is perfect. But you can become pretty anonymous if you wanted to.

You use a phone which has Wifi and GOS sensors removed or disabled. You use a SIM that uses multiple IMEI / IMSI / PLMN with switching. These technologies do exist. Nothing is perfect. But you can become pretty anonymous if you wanted to.
doesn't a phone automaticly hit WIFI's of your neighbours even when just trying to connect to a major communication tower ?
Doesn't that request already leave traces which can be used to locate you exectly where you are

doesn't a phone automaticly hit WIFI's of your neighbours even when just trying to connect to a major communication tower ?
Doesn't that request already leave traces which can be used to locate you exectly where you are
Not if the sensors don’t exist bro. They can remove them completely from the phone, or disable from within.

One of my prior staff/friends (ex Gov spook hacker) launched a service in Canada a few years ago, one of the biggest drawbacks i saw, and it turned out to be true, is that the phones continuously need updated software so even if they are secure today, they may not be tomorrow, then add in cash flow issues and you have a phone that becomes possibly insecure over time, and/or a brick.

There is ofcourse a hardware direct variant, but there's easier ways to communicate today without using speech.

For example something i sent over to the FEDs (various countries) was the concern i had with spun up blockchains with encrypted messages in the DATA side, etc.

If you are operating in the legal side but just want privacy, go with something standard off the shelf where sold as x.

If working in the Grey/Black you have the issue highlighted above, but also possibility that its a rat trap (HA HA).

IF I WERE A CRIM and/or state actor, i'd bury communications in public messages/boards/transactions or go deep and generate my own. - I don't advise that - but coming from the field (cybersec,hacking,ai-data-harvest etc) can say from exp and logic none of the rest would be 'secure'.

Should add to that - my concern was that terrorists could utilise the technology - they can - easily - cheaply - and quickly move on to other instances - whilst storing in countries with strong privacy rights - or state actors home countries - but accessible everywhere - akin to the dark web but visible on the open web.

Hiding in plain-sight.

Technically a product/service for a security/privacy company i guess also.

Last edited:
there is no such thing as wifi sensor, it's wifi module
it doesn't automatically connect to any wifi, it lists them (can help in geolocating)
but it also transmits (or can transmit) the PNL (preferred network list), which basically can tell all the networks you connected too
so wifi is def. a privacy concerne

i read about this long time a go so maybe i got something wrong
please correct me if i did

There is no such thing as a secure smartphone unless you have made it yourself from scratch. The locked firmware of the individual hardware components alone cannot be checked. It does not help to put a supposedly secure open source OS on top.

there is no such thing as wifi sensor, it's wifi module
it doesn't automatically connect to any wifi, it lists them (can help in geolocating)
but it also transmits (or can transmit) the PNL (preferred network list), which basically can tell all the networks you connected too
so wifi is def. a privacy concerne

i read about this long time a go so maybe i got something wrong
please correct me if i did
I am also not an expert but from what I understand is that they remove both GPS / WiFi/ Bluetooth. Some phone models when they remove GPS; WiFi module and Bluetooth also have to be removed or on same chip or something. So phone will only work with SIM. If all of these are removed, and SIM is secure, and you are a using a private distribution application that doesn’t require location permissions, and doesn’t use a phone number, and is using strong encryption, this is best method of privacy. Purchased anonymously. As long as you know the owners of the company are private, and are okay.

Let me know what you think

What about a simple old fashion Nokia phone without any GPS and son, those you buy in the supermarket for 30 - 40$ and trash once used.??
Those old Nokia ones can still be tracked on the cellular network. Also, they offer 0 encryption, so all your communications are completely stored with your ISP/telco. Just because they are not smart phones does not mean they can’t be tracked. Plus; no encryption at all. Also some of them actually do have GPS.

Those old Nokia ones can still be tracked on the cellular network.
Any GSM-enabled device can be located via the mobile network.
It doesn't make any difference, if it is a smartphone or an old-school Nokia. If the device tries to register to the network, the carrier can track it.
This also applies to smartphones with patched firmware.

You use a SIM that uses multiple IMEI / IMSI / PLMN with switching. These technologies do exist. Nothing is perfect. But you can become pretty anonymous if you wanted to.
The IMEI is not related to the SIM card. It is hardcoded in the phone (but can be changed on some phones).

Any GSM-enabled device can be located via the mobile network.
It doesn't make any difference, if it is a smartphone or an old-school Nokia. If the device tries to register to the network, the carrier can track it.
This also applies to smartphones with patched firmware.

The IMEI is not related to the SIM card. It is hardcoded in the phone (but can be changed on some phones).
Yea bro this is why I say use a secure SIM which can change all 3 IMEI/IMSI/PLMN and use a secured / locked down OS, with a private app for encrypted comms. I explained this in one of my other posts.

This is a dead link. 404 error. What’s this about though the An0m thing? Yes it was a trap. Ask yourself why did they go to this trouble? Of course, first for intel, but also to create distrust of encryption, and private systems. Why? Because they do work. Just because one was a trap, doesn’t mean all are. People build them all the time.