Secure smartphone, untraceable?

CALL US ON +971 50 4467827 - TO SETUP YOUR NON-CRS COMPANY STRUCTURE IN DUBAI.
Bank Accounts, Company Formations, Tax Planning, Residency Solutions, and more

KDX

OffshoreCorpTalk Addict
Entrepreneur
very well explained, thank you.

What software would you suggest to use, for a noob it's impossible to discover the right one??
Depends on the device. There are lots of stuff out there.

And, it also depends on what is your goal. Do you want to be untraceable or just secure? If you just want to be secure, then a compatible device with strong encryption with a password that has to be entered every time you lock the device along with a messaging app that is End to end encrypted will be sufficient.

Computers are the easiest devices to lock down properly. Phones and tablets on the other hand have security built-in but you can't really tune it to your needs. I'd suggest full disk encryption on computers for starters, I recommend Veracrypt.

If you want to be untraceable, then it gets more complex. You cannot let your IP leak at all. If it does, then they can start using the legal framework to subpoena ISPs and so on to give your info/location etc. So, a VPN would be one of the things you should use, and this should have the necessary features like a kill-switch etc. And remember, the VPN company will have access to your real IP so if the authorities crack down on them, you might be in trouble. So, make sure the laws of the VPN company and the hosting company & the server (important to check all!) are in jurisdictions where there are laws to prevent disclosure. I think Switzerland may be one of them, but you should double check. Mullvad is also a great VPN, they have 0 KYC and you can buy access by mailing money or via crypto.

All in all, it's not easy if you're not an IT person. It's best to just go for the tried and tested methods. And remember, this stuff is almost always free except VPNs etc. But being completely untraceable is hard. All ot takes is one mistake and its all shattered.

If you have more specific questions, please ask away.

void

Entrepreneur
plausible deniability for computer is generally easy even for an average person - use veracrypt and hidden operating system feature

with phone it's far more complicated unfortunately - does anybody know a comparable solution?

KDX

OffshoreCorpTalk Addict
Entrepreneur
plausible deniability for computer is generally easy even for an average person - use veracrypt and hidden operating system feature

with phone it's far more complicated unfortunately - does anybody know a comparable solution?
There are similar features for phones. I'd take a look at enterprise features if they exist for your phone platforms. For example Samsung Knox etc. Not sure about Apple.

Plausable deniability is usually something that's considered as a last resort... If you're at that stage, you're done for.

void

Entrepreneur
There are similar features for phones. I'd take a look at enterprise features if they exist for your phone platforms. For example Samsung Knox etc. Not sure about Apple.
will have a look at it
if you know other solutions for Android please share

Plausable deniability is usually something that's considered as a last resort... If you're at that stage, you're done for.
not exactly necessary but for crypto hw wallet it's a must nowadays when traveling by airplane and same applies to my laptop

phones are practical problem though... especially if you carry 5+ :D

KDX

OffshoreCorpTalk Addict
Entrepreneur
will have a look at it
if you know other solutions for Android please share

Here if you're interested in Knox. I'm unfortunately not familiar with other platforms :( But I'm sure there's plenty in the Enterprise market. It just may be kind of hidden.

not exactly necessary but for crypto hw wallet it's a must nowadays when traveling by airplane and same applies to my laptop

phones are practical problem though... especially if you carry 5+ :D
Ah, yeah. If you're just travelling about then it's great. I'm talking more about if you get your home raided, at that point you're pretty much done.

aage

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold
Do you want to be untraceable or just secure?
What if one want both? does it mean you have choose between untraceable and secure or is there an option to get a phone that is both?

KDX

OffshoreCorpTalk Addict
Entrepreneur
What if one want both? does it mean you have choose between untraceable and secure or is there an option to get a phone that is both?
No, you can get both. But for some only one is important. If you just want any contents to be unreadable, that will be easier than making your communications untraceable.

clemens

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
how would you be abl to make both, or shall we say, buy both in once device?