Our valued sponsor

Sending money from bitsafe to wise every week

RickyRozay

Aug 10, 2021
Sweden
Visit site
Hey,
I'm a digital nomad and I get my salary every week to my Bitsafe account, a few hunded euros. I get the money from the same acc (low risk).
How safe is it sending it to Wise from my Bitsafe account and using the Wise debit card in the ATM is it safe for a long time? Is it suspicious and will I get taxed in my home country (Sweden)? Any alternatives oherwise?

Sorry for my bad English.

If you're a digital nomad why don't you just go to a country with 0% (or low) income tax for 183 days (or even less if it's a country like Cyprus) and then move around the rest of the year?

The description of your situation is very vague so it's hard to help you. If you're a resident in Sweden, you're most likely committing tax evasion, however, as your income doesn't seem to be very high, I doubt you'll have any problems. That doesn't mean you wont be caught and that they won't go after you, it means that the chances of it happening are not as high as if you were evading hundreds of thousands.

If you're a digital nomad why don't you just go to a country with 0% (or low) income tax for 183 days (or even less if it's a country like Cyprus) and then move around the rest of the year?

The description of your situation is very vague so it's hard to help you. If you're a resident in Sweden, you're most likely committing tax evasion, however, as your income doesn't seem to be very high, I doubt you'll have any problems. That doesn't mean you wont be caught and that they won't go after you, it means that the chances of it happening are not as high as if you were evading hundreds of thousands.
I'm traveling around the world dont wanna be stuck in Cyprus for 6 months.

Ye I know I am thinking about getting the bitsafe debit card how safe is that?

I'm traveling around the world dont wanna be stuck in Cyprus for 6 months.

Ye I know I am thinking about getting the bitsafe debit card how safe is that?
As I said, as far as I know you're able to become a tax resident in Cyprus after 60 days (I don't know the requirements, @CyprusLaw may be able to help you), and then you could travel to other countries (for less than 183 days). You'll have to pay some taxes in Cyprus though, but probably less than in Sweden.

It's not safe, you may be caught at any time. The chances of being caught are low, but never zero.

Wise is totally safe, your problem is going to be if you are sending money from some crypto exchange and they figure it out. Wise does not like crypto as it is right now.

Reactions: troubled soul
Why worry if you can use service like spectrocoin, kraken etc. to withdraw in USD or EUR without any headache ?

Bitsafe is not crypto related as most people assumed here but you might want to check Wise's acceptable use policies to see if they allow transactions from high-risk sites associated with the industry you receive money from (they might consider Bitsafe an account/payment processor for high-risk industries)

So you mean I should send it to spectro etc instead of using wise?

I'm not sending money from a cryptocurrency tho.
Yes that was my idea until I yesterday realized that you can't withdraw cash in ATM's with spectrocoin. So your only option to spend crypto money is to buy stuff where it is possible and be traced.

Ye how do I find if it's high risk?

You can find the "Unsupported businesses and transactions" on the Wise site:

In my opinion, since Bitsafe assigns you a unique IBAN associated with your name and you aren't transferring more than a few hundred euros per week I don't think you will have any problems, this is very unlikely to raise alarms on the Wise side.