Our valued sponsor

Setup to Buy UK Property While Maintaining Privacy?

jangpark

Mar 27, 2021
London
Visit site
Hello folks,

I hope the great minds on this forum can help with this.
I want to find a structure that guarantees privacy when buying a UK property.

To be a little more specific, the houses I want to purchase are just around £70,000 - £120,000. Nothing like multi million real estate.
The most important feature I am looking for here is to not get my name publicly available. I am happy to pay tax on the rental income,

At first, I imagine using any offshore company registered in a jurisdiction without a public register of beneficial owner would do the job but there seems to be talks in the government to establish a public register of the beneficial owner of any offshore entities owning UK properties: UK public register of overseas entity beneficial ownership :: Kingfields Solicitors – Property Law Firm in Central London serving UK and International clients

Does that mean the end of anonymous house ownership in the UK? Is there still a way at all?

Thanks for your time reading this

Does that mean the end of anonymous house ownership in the UK?

Yes it effectively will end anonymous property ownership.

Is there still a way at all?

Legally I guess no. But it has to be tested that if an offshore foundation with no beneficial owners can buy UK property and then is the foundation itself the BO or does it move up the tree to the Founder.

Hello folks,

I hope the great minds on this forum can help with this.
I want to find a structure that guarantees privacy when buying a UK property.

To be a little more specific, the houses I want to purchase are just around £70,000 - £120,000. Nothing like multi million real estate.
The most important feature I am looking for here is to not get my name publicly available. I am happy to pay tax on the rental income,

At first, I imagine using any offshore company registered in a jurisdiction without a public register of beneficial owner would do the job but there seems to be talks in the government to establish a public register of the beneficial owner of any offshore entities owning UK properties: UK public register of overseas entity beneficial ownership :: Kingfields Solicitors – Property Law Firm in Central London serving UK and International clients

Does that mean the end of anonymous house ownership in the UK? Is there still a way at all?

Thanks for your time reading this
Did you ever make a decision on how to do this? That link was very useful. I want to invest in London and with privacy too.