Our valued sponsor

Question Seychelles Registered Agent Resignation and Liquidation

rowena

Pro Member
Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I have a Seychelles company and it is almost dormant. I almost haven't used it since the incorporation(2018). I want to leave it to strike off but it looks like the registered agent is pushing me to liquidate. Their fees are also not cheap. They want $800 for mandatory renewal + min $1200 for liquidation.

They mentioned some fines and also problems of companies without a registered agent. What are the real consequences of leaving the company to strike off or should I pay $2-2.5K to liquidate?

Reactions: troubled soul
You can just forget about it. They struggling with business in the Seychelles, beside that they have always said the same, you must this and that or you will get fined. Fact is, they can't fine you unless you are stupid enough to pay them. They are unable to go after you in your home country and they will never do.

Reactions: chaltron and rowena
Not dissolving properly can, for example, complicate future source of wealth declarations and can be difficult if you have creditors or there are disagreements between the shareholders.

If you are the sole shareholders of the company (or there is unity among the shareholders), the company has no assets, and no business activities, simply abandoning the company normally only has the drawback of making that particular service provider unlikely to work with you again (and even that isn't always the case).

Reactions: rowena
You can alternatively try to sell it
In order to sell it, it needs to have a certificate of good standing.

It takes longer to acquire those than to setup a new SC IBC. Likely a new IBC is even cheaper than the CoGS. If someone needs a vintage company they indeed pay more. They then also need more docs upfront to see if it can be used for their specific needs.

My registered agent went crazy. It turns out their full pricing for liquidation is $3200. They told me their previous pricing was just for the liquidation fee without the liquidator fee... Do you have any recommended agent or liquidator for Seychelles company?

My registered agent went crazy. It turns out their full pricing for liquidation is $3200. They told me their previous pricing was just for the liquidation fee without the liquidator fee... Do you have any recommended agent or liquidator for Seychelles company?
Just let it strike off by itself, they won't fine or go after you. Not worth all the trouble and cost

Reactions: GPT

Latest Threads