Our valued sponsor

Seychelles TIEAs - OECD official list.

clemens

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Jan 2, 2009
Spain
Visit site
Today I learned that the Seychelles has until date not signed any single TIEA with any country so my question is why people prefer the BVI, Panama, Belize, St.Kits and the many other Tax Havens ?

Please help me, I'm a little lost and too curious to see what makes any other offshore jurisdiction better than the Seychelles which didn't signed any TIEA yet.

As I read the list from OECD of Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) then BVI, Belize, Panama and many others have signed the so called TIEAs but people still proceed the incorporation there.

Well while it is impossible to say way most people prefer the BVI, Belize and Panama, then I believe it is a matter of education, people read a lot on the Internet about those places also taking in consideration that they have been the most known to man Tax Havens for centuries.

BVI has signed A LOT of TIEAs including with major players, USA, EU and Australia. Just google TIEAs signed by BVI and it shouldn’t be hard to find them. Try the same search with Belize.

As regards Why Seychelles..kindly note Seychelles is (still) the quickest and easiest place to incorporate an IBC and boasts peerless privacy features.

Now Note

ALL the Tax Havens have committed to signing at least 12 TIEAs by end June else they face severe OECD sanctions, including BVI, including Belize, including Seychelles including Panama. Those that haven’t yet signed 12 TIEAs are scrambling to do so.

The bottom line is for residents of certain countries the chances of being discovered using an IBC have increased.

Aslo please read this blog post just made: Why Seychelles? - Blogs - Offshore Company Forum it provides lots of information on why some would want to incorporate in the Seychelles.

Last edited:
Thank you Admin, will have to read all this, seems Seychelles is one of the Tax havens which are entirely neglected :confused:

TIEAs for the BVI don't looks very good depending on what one will want with it.

BVI IFC's TIEA Programme

BVI has signed TIEAs with the following countries:

• US
  • UK
  • Australia
  • The Nordic council (Denmark, the Faroes, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)
  • New Zealand
  • Netherlands
  • Netherlands Antilles
  • Aruba
  • China
  • Ireland
  • France

ALL the Tax Havens have committed to signing at least 12 TIEAs by end June else they face severe OECD sanctions, including BVI, including Belize, including Seychelles including Panama. Those that haven’t yet signed 12 TIEAs are scrambling to do so.
Interesting, do you know with which countries the Seychelles will make any TIEAs ? My best guess would be the USA and Canada as main priority ?

1. The registry has no record of who owns the IBCs registered here.
2. The Seychelles Company Formation agents are not required to, (nor allowed to), hand over ownership information to anyone.

3. If a foreign government wanted to find out who owns a particular company they would need to firstly make an application to the Seychelles Supreme Court

4. The Court would only hear the application if evidence were tendered to it upfront of serious criminal activity in connection with a particular company eg drug trafficking, money laundering, criminal tax evasion, terrorist activities.
Looks like they are offering a perfect protected tax haven!

We are more than happy to be the first one to inform every new and existing client that the Seychelles is by far now the only offshore jurisdiction which has not signed any TIEAs - this is important to know when considering a real offshore incorporation.

We have this from the only reliable source, SIBA.NET

Learn more about the incorporation of an Seychelles IBC

Last edited:
So now another months has passed and we are edging closer to the deadline where all offshore jurisdictions need to have achieved 12 TIES anyone has a fresh list ?

Actually there are news : /forum/f14/seychelles-signs-first-tiea-netherlands-12446/

Will be Interesting to see which country will be the next one..!!

Last edited:
titienne said:
Do you know the list of 11 other TIEA they may have ?
They didn't signed any other than the one with the Netherlans.

Latest Threads