Our valued sponsor

Should I accept more than just paypal?

drillbill

Offshore Agent
Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes I run into trouble with only offering paypal. Like yesterday for instance. This guy wants to make a purchase from my site and emails me and says he has a debit card but no paypal or other payment accounts and he lives in egypt. So how do I accept his payment without the hassle of creating memberships on all of those other gateways and having to go through all of the hassle?

Should I just install a script on the website that will accept these credit card? I know paypal will let non members use a credit card but apparently only US residents. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Be wary of accepting PayPal payments from non-verified PayPal members as you are taking an extended risk since they are not verified. As far as most merchant accounts international payments offer no real fraud protection PayPal might look at this the same way. If the customer decides to chargeback the purchase to PayPal, PayPal may charge it right back to you since the transaction wouldn't of been verified.

I think you could add some payment methods to your website. Why? well, sometimes, I dont even like to use paypal, with all of their fees etc. So i go with credit card or debit card. But this is only from the viewpoint of a spender.

Actually Paypal charges are not that much higher as many other merchant accounts. Please also note that it can be difficult to sign up with some merchant account providers and nearly everyone can sign up with Paypal.