Our valued sponsor

Should I modify my residency in my broker?

withouthause

Dec 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone

Recently I have moved from my home country EU to Thailand. So my question is should I change my residency in the broker IBRK? I have changed my residency in my home country and also communicate it to the TAX Agency. Basically, if I don't live there I don't need to pay taxes, but I don't have a Thai tax number. I was planning to ask one next week. Will IBRK ask me for my Thai tax number if I provide a Thai address?

Thank you

IB needs tax residency information. So you will need to provide this. So I would wait until you get it and new proof of address etc.

P.S Someone with better knowledge than me will be able to tell you. But surely your IB account will be moved to a new IB entity in Asia like IB HK or IB SG because of your Thailand address? conf/(%

Reactions: troubled soul
IB needs tax residency information. So you will need to provide this. So I would wait until you get it and new proof of address etc.

P.S Someone with better knowledge than me will be able to tell you. But surely your IB account will be moved to a new IB entity in Asia like IB HK or IB SG because of your Thailand address? conf/(%
Thank you for the answer.
Yes I also think they will move my account, that is not a problem to me the problem is still don't have tax number here. I will see if they give to me or not and also as a digital nomad I don't know for how long I will be here or move to other place.

Thanks

Latest Threads