Our valued sponsor

Singapore personal bank account introducer?

@jkl197 somebody mentioned HSBC Singapore will probably do that.

Not sure if they need you to fly in but if you have an HSBC in your country I think HSBC Singapore will ask you to go there to verify your documents.

Try to install the app and see if it suits your needs.

I have been a customer of HSBC in another jurisdiction but I prefer to not bank with them this time, so this is not an option for me.
Yes, HSBC Singapore can be opened remotely.

It's also the cheapest bank in Singapore.

What I cannot reconcile is that I keep reading even on this forum about people who were able to open an account at OCBC remotely even for a company.
No idea, honestly. But why not to try Standard Chartered? Especially if you live in the country where they have a branch, your chances can be good. And they are very accustomed to remote onboarding, see Straight2Bank Onboarding Portal
(BTW, I consider them a good bank, really. Probably they would be my first option.)
In theory a personal account should be much easier to process .
Not necessarilly. It depends on a lot of factors.

thanks a lot guys, HSBC is a good bank in general, but for very personal reasons I dont like it
It's definitely not important, but neither I like them ;)

Even good old Andrew Henderson does not like them. I always wonder why.
It would seem that HSBC is focusing more on its Asian customers and actively avoiding (some) Western ones.

Additionally, HSBC is pulling out of the NZ market (and others) officially to focus on its Asian business, inofficially perhaps also because of the new banking regulations coming into force in NZ? All in all, this may explain why they are not too eager to - woke buzzword warning - "onboard" new customers from certain countries?

Latest Threads