Our valued sponsor

Skrill, Neteller ie PaySafe owned by Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp II

Trudy Trees

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
So i work for a regulated BVI broker... we have had Skrill (previously Moneybookers) and Neteller accounts since 2013 and have had ZERO issues. Today, we get a message that PaySafe is closing both our Skrill and Neteller merchant facilites. NO reason given. Stay away from these PSPs. Interested to know if anyone else in the BVI have had their merchant facilities closed without any reason?

Reactions: JohnLocke
They have been de-risking for a while now. It's getting almost impossible to work with them without an EU or other reputable license, and even then it's a pain.
Yes, they question everything. I have Malta corporate account with them since few years and they even questioned why do I want to change my bank account used for deposits to them from a bank to EMI :)

Nevertheless they are extremely solid, reliable and probably safer than all EMI's including Wise and Revolut. I am their customer since 2000. It's a pitty Skrill was bought by Neteller simply because the competitive pricing has disappeared. Especially Skrill has become much more expensive when it comes to sending payments, they used to charged max €0.50. Now they even charge for personal accounts bank deposits 1% (not applicable to corporate accounts...).

Reactions: Ernie1381
In closing our Skrill accounts, we had GBP and USD, skrill had to convert everything to EUROs! then sent the euros to our GBP and USD bank accounts that we had registered 10 years ago. So, we paid fx TWICE. WTH type of payment provider can only deal with EUR in the outside world? Skrill and Neteller are a scam. Stay away.

In closing our Skrill accounts, we had GBP and USD, skrill had to convert everything to EUROs! then sent the euros to our GBP and USD bank accounts that we had registered 10 years ago. So, we paid fx TWICE. WTH type of payment provider can only deal with EUR in the outside world? Skrill and Neteller are a scam. Stay away.

Why couldn´t they send it directly from your GBP and USD accounts to the same currency bank accounts? :confused: You paid fx twice...was it a big amount?
Where are your bank accounts located (country)?

Latest Threads