Our valued sponsor

slight paranoia. :)

whatname

Dec 20, 2022
EEA
Visit site
I wonder if any of you too and how do you handle it? I wouldn't say it's unjustified or delusional, if you know what I mean. I just am slightly scared of everything and everyone. I'm relatively young and in my early 20s and I have developed such a complex structure in the last few years and I handle some very high-risk clients, it sometimes boggles my mind how. And this is one of my paranoia.

So I'm obviously encrypting everything, air gapping things and so on. I work in a very secure manner and privacy (not just financial) is my priority. However this also causes some problems IRL. I don't socialize too much outside of business (with friends/peers), I just don't understand them and they don't understand me. Sometimes however I meet with some people (presumably friends) and I'm just always so paranoid. What if this is a set-up and they will drug me or get me drunk or something and I will talk too much? Of course it never happened. But can I ever know? It sucks. It's just making some things difficult. lol.

hahaa, anyone?

Reactions: JohnLocke
I wonder if any of you too and how do you handle it? I wouldn't say it's unjustified or delusional, if you know what I mean. I just am slightly scared of everything and everyone. I'm relatively young and in my early 20s and I have developed such a complex structure in the last few years and I handle some very high-risk clients, it sometimes boggles my mind how. And this is one of my paranoia.

So I'm obviously encrypting everything, air gapping things and so on. I work in a very secure manner and privacy (not just financial) is my priority. However this also causes some problems IRL. I don't socialize too much outside of business (with friends/peers), I just don't understand them and they don't understand me. Sometimes however I meet with some people (presumably friends) and I'm just always so paranoid. What if this is a set-up and they will drug me or get me drunk or something and I will talk too much? Of course it never happened. But can I ever know? It sucks. It's just making some things difficult. lol.

hahaa, anyone?

Feel the same, especially in the crypto space, double encrypting my pc, sending all my traffic through tor and then exiting with mullvad vpn, being cautious all the time about the sites I visit and what I say on them. Makes you wonder if it is all worth it in exchange for your sanity.

I suggest the 3S method: Sun, Sand, Sex :D
I second that

it's for fact that the world is fucked up and despite the nature will inevitably solve this eventually it's not gonna get any better any soon

I totally understand what the OP feels like, just accept that we are in a Matrix movie situation in a way and resist
if you cannot handle it try harder or switch to dummy sheep mode, just don't take silly drugs

SLIGHT paranoia?
I suggest the counter-intuitive thing: trying to socialize as much as possible, no matter how hard leaving the comfort/paranoia zone is. Shutting yourself off is a bad idea, I've been there. There's (at least a TED level) research about socializing, confirming it is one of the main keys to longevity, even more so than the genes are. That, and sports, body stress, intermittent fasting, certain diets. I would avoid big pharma at all costs.

As for the world being FUBAR, how is it that nobody finds comfort and hope in a fact that India's just recently surpassed China in child births? Because to me, that's just another proof that humanity is destined to stabilize it's population at around 10 billion (due to rapid urbanization) very soon and then we're just .. space bound (in the form of Ai most likely)
Oh yeah, p0t sometimes helps, certain strains.

"

"

Don't get it...what do you do exactly? Crypto b2b?

hahaa, anyone?
Like the post above me, I also don't get it. Are you running a Silkroad 2.0 or what makes you so paranoid? And stay away from drugs. Try the wim hof method or a carnivore diet if you want to feel better mentally

hahaa, anyone?
Just so you know, the more you complicate the process (hoping for better privacy-security), the higher the risk you will f*** up. Had to type that when I read "air gapping". You're invisible to people who deal with air gape activities.

If you're not dreaming about men in cargo pants jumping over your wall you're going to be okay.

Make something up about how you make money, something that people won't care enough to poison you for.

I've been in the same position when I first started my Dora the Explorer adventure but I'm past that now. You get used to high levels of stress or stress gets used to you and it uses you.

in the end I guess it's work like any other. perhaps even very profitable one with good margins and stability if you have a large number of good clients
I just guess difficult to start since there is no structured training program nor guidance how to find clients if you have no personal contacts..

hahaa, anyone?
step out of the comfort zone.

"Look in your own heart. Unless I'm crazy, right now a still small voice is piping up, telling you as it has ten thousand times, the calling that is yours and yours alone. You know it. No one has to tell you. And unless I'm crazy, you're no closer to taking action on it than you were yesterday or will be tomorrow. You think Resistance isn't real? Resistance will bury you."
Steven Pressfield

Feel the same, especially in the crypto space, double encrypting my pc, sending all my traffic through tor and then exiting with mullvad vpn, being cautious all the time about the sites I visit and what I say on them. Makes you wonder if it is all worth it in exchange for your sanity.
maybe like most of us you are simply neurodiverse. and that's ok.
And in some way it ok to keep things to yourself, even if they aren;t out to get you, people like to gossip and worry about those who hear it
any programs recommend to add extra security/privacy. kinda green on this topic besides vpn