Our valued sponsor

Solaris bank

sriracha

Member Plus
Aug 25, 2022
Germany
Visit site
I recently discovered that Genome and Vivid share a little secret - they are banks the same way I am Roger Federer if I wear short white pants and hold a racket in my hand.

It turns out that if I can create a logo with Photoshop, I can "be" a bank - I just need to call Solaris bank, which will put my logo on a website and I can call it a bank - they are a white label bank service.

Problem is:
- Solaris bank is German (it applies German crazy laws to the letter)
- Solaris bank has got the lowest ranking in EVERYTHING - customer service, employee satisfaction, fees, timeliness, everything.

So I changed my address on Genome and they immediately closed my account ("we cannot tell you why our partner Solaris bank bla bla bla") most likely because from the point of view of Solaris the same person having two addresses means that I was using a false address (German blockheadedness - no room for "hasn't had time to update the address with the other bank) and then Vivid closed my account probably for the same reason ("Our partner bank Solaris has decided...").

For me to avoid this kind of garbage in the future, do you know whether zen.com and wirex use Solaris (if you have an account with them, just put your iban in an iban checker and it will tell you)? Thanks!

Reactions: koohl
That's some good information to learn about, thanks for sharing your experience OP!

Reactions: sriracha
For me to avoid this kind of garbage in the future, do you know whether zen.com and wirex use Solaris (if you have an account with them, just put your iban in an iban checker and it will tell you)? Thanks!

Wirex uses Modulr I believe. Thats who gives them the iban's.

Reactions: sriracha
some banks you didn't had trouble with for long time, what is long time ?
Credit Suisse for 15+ years, Bank of America 10 years, other banks/EMIs for 3-4 years. And Bitcoin for 10+ years :p
Started legal cases against 10 banks, 3 still ongoing, 7 won.
Lost money with 2 failed banks (in EU).
Received airdrops (free cash in error) from 2 banks.
Spent way too much money and time with monkeys and lawyers.

Latest Threads