Our valued sponsor

Question Solutions for mortage of russians real estate

Try UBS or CS, I'm sure they will be happy to help you buy apartments in Russia now.

Don't forget to write down Putin as "Emergency contact" in case you go missing and the bank needs someone to look after the account...

1645730411060.png

• Haha
Reactions: KDX and sonato
Maybe try a US or UK bank. I am sure they would love to fund such a mortgage right now.

:) i don't like at current stage to use banks for mortage with their privilaged rights.I prefer p2p loans way more secure and you are way better protected.

Also to add to your irony .....us banks have no problems if you know where to chose one ......they had no issue with that during sanctions on iran , russia and so on.

Sanctions are only uphold by european companies

It is actually a great time to buy Russian assets. Everything is on sale. Baron Rothschild said to buy when there is blood in the streets. Unfortunately, that is literally true today. That is how contrarians find opportunities in the worst market conditions.

I looked at Russian bank and oil stocks today -- and a few Russian ETFs. But almost all the Russian banks are getting sanctioned. I am not sure how that works when you hold those bank stocks in a Western market. I have no experience there. And I would likely buy only at rock-bottom prices.

Sanctions against Russia will backfire. Investors and creditors who lent Russia billions stand to make substantial loses. Putin knows this. I think Russia may be ok in end. People still need energy and Russia is a major supplier.

As for investing in property the jury is out.

Reactions: EuroKiss
Wouldn’t mind picking up a Ukrainian condo in Kiev, problem is, who knows if it will be there or rubble a week from now

Ukrainian condo? Could be a Russian condo by next week conf/(%.

Prices are cheap there, so I hear.
Cheap for a reason - and these reasons already existed before the war.
If you have ever been to Ukraine you should know that the country has zero opportunities, except for agricultural. "Brain drain" is excessive, meaning that every person who can is trying his/her luck outside the country (ironically, many in Russia).
Just because something is cheap does not mean that there are opportunities.

Aside from that, once this conflict ends you would own land/assets in a part of the world which certainly will not favour any western investments. It won't take long till your land or whatever assets will be seized.

Investing behind ideological front lines is a bad idea: You do not have any legal recourse in the country of your investment. Furthermore, sympathies in your home country will also be quite limited because you invested with the enemy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Martin Everson
  • Haha
Reactions: uplana
Cheap for a reason - and these reasons already existed before the war.
If you have ever been to Ukraine you should know that the country has zero opportunities, except for agricultural. "Brain drain" is excessive, meaning that every person who can is trying his/her luck outside the country (ironically, many in Russia).
Just because something is cheap does not mean that there are opportunities.

Aside from that, once this conflict ends you would own land/assets in a part of the world which certainly will not favour any western investments. It won't take long till your land or whatever assets will be seized.

Investing behind ideological front lines is a bad idea: You do not have any legal recourse in the country of your investment. Furthermore, sympathies in your home country will also be quite limited because you invested with the enemy!
Actually, they rented 5% of their land to China before getting crazy and bombing Russians in the Donbas. If we are supposed to see a new bi/multi-polar order, you could make business with Russians, Chineses and Indians in spite than westerns.

If we are supposed to see a new bi/multi-polar order, you could make business with Russians, Chineses and Indians in spite than westerns.
It is exactly this kind of aggressive war by Russia (and menacing by China) that will make many developing nations loathe to deal with such countries. They will not want problems coming to their shores.

It is possible that Russia, China, Iran and a few other countries could form their own trading block for basic goods, but they will be at a big economic disadvantage if they have no access to cutting edge Western technology (as I discussed in another thread).