Our valued sponsor

Someone from KLM, probably, has stolen my card details

Poem

Apr 21, 2021
Earth
Visit site
I have a card which has no virtual card behind it, and which had been used for 1-2 years in offline. Once I had to pay using the real details of a card. And that was the single and only time I used that card for an internet payment. It was for a flight with KLM, on the US version of the website, The whole process was done via https, therefore no one could intercept the data in between. I paid around $300 and several days later someone made a payment on some US website for a subscription of some s**t of around $30. I notified my bank and they, later, reembursed me it.

Therefore, someone working for KLM used my card details and sold them to someone, or used them to make a purchase on their own website, the one made to steel money from some of their customers who don't pay cloase attention to their transactions. $30 could have gone unnoticied, right?

No more unauthorized purchases have been since, during a year already

Your thoughst?

My question isn't how to protect yourself, but who else could have it been if not someone from KLM?

Last edited:
It is not necessarily the fault of KLM.
I have a debit card for a few years and never used it. Neither online nor offline.
One day someone tried to use my card details for an online purchase in Mexico with correct CVV2 and expiry date.
It is not clear, how the "theft" got the card details, but maybe there was a data breach at the card issuer.
I don't know. But since I kept the card in the envelope at my home from day 1 (and it is still there ;)), there must be a data breach somewhere else.

Reactions: seabreeze
Is there another card that you have of the same issuer, linked to the same account, that you use?
No, it was the only debit card from that bank.
I just needed the bank account and the debit card was included for free. So I left it in the envelope, when it arrived. And approx. 2 years later the card details were abused.

And that was the single and only time I used that card for an internet payment.

Your browser is infected with malware perhaps.

It's going to be impossible for anyone to tell you how this was possibly happen. Fact is your card got misused and you need to get a new card, so you need to file a dispute with your bank on any charge you didn't authorize, end of story or did I miss something here?

But I'm not asking anyone to tell me with 100% accuracy where the data got leaked and what to do about it :) It's a discussion - where could it have been? Not what to do with it. I still possess the same card and keep using it. Why? Because of a way I use it

Latest Threads