Our valued sponsor

Someone know what is going on in Cryptoland?

Spinat

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
All cryptos are negative today and since yesterday.. does someone know what is going on in Cryptoland in August 2020 ?

It's the abbreviation for Decentralised Finance. Many projects are taking market share from centralised exchanges via decentralised finance such as decentralised exchanges, automated market making and liquidity providing, non custodial stable coins (usdt) savings accounts. All these projects bootstrap with their own tokens rewarding their users and keeping little to themselves contrary to centralised exchanges.

Google "DeFi guide decentralised finance" and you should find a bunch of videos and guides.

Be careful investing here since there are many scams and overvalued projects.

DeFi would Bisq come under this and is it worth trading with such decentralised platforms? As opposed to using Kraken, Binance etc
Yes Bisq would be an example of a platform the fits in the DeFi category. To answer your other question, just understand the user experience might not be as streamlined as the centralized companies you mentioned, dependent on what pair you're buying, selling, or trading there could be solid volume to get execution of your trade or not, because it is purely peer-to-peer.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewMorty
Everything looks like it is stabilizing again today, may indeed be something temporarily as usual.

Reactions: Sir Gelato
I've been related to cryptocurrencies for long so I will offer my experience.

#DeFi is a short term for decentralized finance. Strictly speaking, it is the possibility to interact directly against a blockchain without the need for any type of central entity. Mainly associated with Ethereum and smart contract capabilities.

Bisq is not DeFi. It is a decentralized software that enables people to get in contact for buying/selling crypto. You would still use a bank or cash to execute the payment or receiving the money. It would be an improvement against a webpage like localbitcoins.

#DeFi booming means: Ethereum's blockchain is attracting a huge amount of investment towards its digital asset ETH.

Reactions: digirider