Our valued sponsor

Spain double tax

Evi

Jun 30, 2023
Earth
Visit site
Hi!

Spain determines a tax resident as anyone who has economic interests in Spain.
Thus, if you have business in Spain and it is impossible to relocate it to the other country, the main source of income will be in Spain.
What is the best country to relocate in this case?
If for example I relocate to Panama or Cyprus, how my income will be taxed: dividends, crypto etc?
I will still have to pay everything in Spain at the tax rate of a resident or non-resident rate?

What is the best country to relocate in this case?

Relocate what to? Yourself or your business.

If for example I relocate to Panama or Cyprus, how my income will be taxed: dividends, crypto etc?

Spain has exit taxation so depending on your personal financial situation and how long you have been in Spain you may be taxed on the way out. I discussed this in other threads. Moving to a low tax country should not just be a decision based on tax but on access to good banking and financial services etc which is not often possible when resident in certain countries (I know this first hand sadly).

I will still have to pay everything in Spain at the tax rate of a resident or non-resident rate?

Depends on many factors including DTA between Spain and other country.

Reactions: jafo
Spain determines a tax resident as anyone who has economic interests in Spain.
I don't think this is correct, they write having your "main base or centre of activities or economic interests", I read it as main base (...) of economic interest. So if you live in another country and have that other country as your main base of economic interest then you can still have a company in Spain without being personally tax resident there.

Relocate what to? Yourself or your business.

Spain has exit taxation so depending on your personal financial situation and how long you have been in Spain you may be taxed on the way out. I discussed this in other threads. Moving to a low tax country should not just be a decision based on tax but on access to good banking and financial services etc which is not often possible when resident in certain countries (I know this first hand sadly).

Depends on many factors including DTA between Spain and other country.
could you please share the threads where you discussed Spain exit tax?

could you please share the threads where you discussed Spain exit tax?

Sure...

Source....

Reactions: jafo